Problem with android Siren app audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitbr

I have mentioned this before but now that the Siren app for Android has been around for awhile thought I would bring it up again.

Here is the problem I am having. The audio from the app sounds like this e.g. lets say hypothetically the dispatcher says the following.

I like Christmas.... the audio from the app sounds like I Like Christ then the last Syllable mas is said at the beginning of the next transmission.

This happens on both of my Samsung Galaxy S3 phones.
It does not happen when using the rh 536 windows connection and it happens using Siren in both the infrastructure mode and AP mode.

Question; Is anyone else having this problem and if so what phone model are you using? Is anyone else not having this problem and what phone model are you using?
I'm trying to rule whether its my phone model or an app problem.
Thanks for any help!
Tim

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Yes, same thing going on with mine, too. Tried it with a Samsung galaxy tablet and a Motorola droid turbo2. The droid would do the delayed audio as posted above and go into digital stuttering, too. I tested it with my iPhone & the iOS Siren app & had no problem with it.

Jeff.

mitbr

Thanks for the replies!!

So its looking like it is the Android app then....is anyone getting the Android app not to do this behavior?
Is anyone else having this problem?
Keep on testing guys... then we can present our findings to Upman.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.