Problem with BUY IT NOW ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I was selling a few radios here on Radioreference in the past couple weeks as "Buy it Now" . The problem is that the item sold but there was no indication of it being SOLD. Thinking the item did not sell I deleted the ad posted it for sale on ebay and it sold the next day . I recently got a PM asking when will I be shipping the scanner ? I of course was puzzled, logged into my paypal account and wouldn't you know there was the payment for the scanner. Yikes !! I Immediately issued a refund.

This also happened to another buyer telling me he purchased a scanner when the ad did not reflect it .It still showed as for sale but caught it in time.

I apologize to the buyer who did not receive there scanner (refunded) and to other for delay in receiving his.
I removed my other adds.
Pio

Nasby

Just had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday.
This really needs to be fixed.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yes, this used to automatically mark it sold as soon as someone completed payment and now it doesn't. I would suspect something changed on the PayPal end and the "signal" from PayPal back to RR is no longer happening.

This needs to be fixed but RR needs to completely overhaul the classifieds section - it is obviously, by function and appearance, outdated. Half the time (or more often) pictures people have updated do not show up. That shouldn't be an issue. Also, people do not get notifications of comments being posted. The list goes on. It is a GREAT tool to have the feature on here and I do not want to see it go away but it is past time for RR to step up and replace it with a system that functions properly. I appreciate RR providing the service and know that in the past it worked better but now days it is outdated. Time for an upgrade.

What's the plan, Lindsay?

N9JIG

Sheriff
I almost think going back to the regular forum model would be preferable. The current system notifications do not seem to work and the text formatting also is a mess. In addition it doesn't always recognize when you are signed in properly or not.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I almost think going back to the regular forum model would be preferable. The current system notifications do not seem to work and the text formatting also is a mess. In addition it doesn't always recognize when you are signed in properly or not.

Exactly. The list goes on and on. I've experienced all of these as well.

So Lindsay, where you at? Seems like an easy fix. QRZ.com uses a subforum for posting items for sale and it works well.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
As a seller I had this happen awhile back as well. Now I have a few items listed, two of which have sold. There does not seem to be a way to indicate this. So I just replied to my own ad and said, 'SOLD'. But I'm not sure everyone will see that. Can the ads be canceled or deleted?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
As a seller I had this happen awhile back as well. Now I have a few items listed, two of which have sold. There does not seem to be a way to indicate this. So I just replied to my own ad and said, 'SOLD'. But I'm not sure everyone will see that. Can the ads be canceled or deleted?

Yes you can go in and mark it sold. That's what I've done in the past. Edit the ad, check sold at the bottom I think it is. Or delete it.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yes you can go in and mark it sold. That's what I've done in the past. Edit the ad, check sold at the bottom I think it is. Or delete it.

The normal Edit options didn't appear. Oddly enough, I found an option in the upper right corner of my add, under 'Product Options', that allowed me to mark it SOLD.

Thanks for help!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The normal Edit options didn't appear. Oddly enough, I found an option in the upper right corner of my add, under 'Product Options', that allowed me to mark it SOLD.

Thanks for help!

That's what I meant. I don't have an item posted right now so I couldn't go look...but glad you found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.