BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Problem With Clip Holding Micro Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I have experienced problems with the clip that holds the microchip. (SD Card)

Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
The holding clip actually broke. Since I know that it is a nightmare to try
to send it in for repair, I am now having to use scotch tape to hold the SD Card
in place.

In my opinion, the clip, holding the card, was made with very poor quality.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Scotch tape may actually be better than the clip. Like the 436HP, but that clip holding the SD card is certainly a POS. Recently bought the WS-1080 to compare with the 436HP. At least in the SD card holder department, the WS-1080 is much better. More of the standard pop-in pop-out type of holder you see on many devices.
Steve AA6IO

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Scotch tape may actually be better than the clip. Like the 436HP, but that clip holding the SD card is certainly a POS. Recently bought the WS-1080 to compare with the 436HP. At least in the SD card holder department, the WS-1080 is much better. More of the standard pop-in pop-out type of holder you see on many devices.
Steve AA6IO

Shockingly....I have found it is better....

garys

Premium Subscriber
The key is to handle it carefully. I try not to remove the memory card unless I have to. The slot on the 536 works a lot better and that might have been a better route for Uniden to use for the 436, but they probably had reasons for doing it the way they did.

packet12

Premium Subscriber
to send it in for repair, I am now having to use scotch tape to hold the SD Card
in place.

I have the same problem! My BCD436HP micro sd card metal slide holder has come off. Completely out of the scanner! I too hate to tangle with "Uniden" to get it attached. Since it has been some time since your post on this matter are you still using the "tape" approach to solve the problem? Thanks for any update.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
If the holder itself isn't broken or bent, you can reattach it to the main body. There are tiny pins on the holder and it will snap back in

packet12

Premium Subscriber
You Tube Video

I've seen the you tube video on the procedure for reattaching the holder. I'm just interested in knowing if the Scotch tape fix is working? The application of this holder is so POOR I can see it being detached all over again!

packet12

Premium Subscriber
in place.

Are you still using tape to hold the micro sd card?

Status
Not open for further replies.