Problem with Echolink Audio

Bryon80

Premium Subscriber
I have my Kenwood TM d710 set up in Sysop mode. When I connect to the test server I can hear the audio play back over my computer speakers but no audio is played back through the transceiver. All my ports are open. my transceiver and portable keys up with the computer is playing back the recorded message but I’m unable to hear the audio on anything other than the computer speakers. I can also hear other transmissions on other nodes on the computer speakers but no audio over the transceiver or portable. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

nd5y

Is this digital voice?
Not exactly. Most RF nodes are analog FM.
You can use a digital radio but then the audio is encoded and decoded twice with different codecs and it alwlays sounds worse.

There are already ham radio IP networks for DMR, YSF, D-STAR, NXDN and P25 anyway so there is not much point in using those on EchoLink.

nd5y

I have my Kenwood TM d710 set up in Sysop mode. When I connect to the test server I can hear the audio play back over my computer speakers but no audio is played back through the transceiver.
Do you have a separate sound device for the radio? You probably need to unplug the computer speakers and plug that into whatever interface is connected to the radio.