Problem with Feed always offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

BingoBingo

The Fresno LE Live feed has only been on twice (several hours) in the last 3 months. The TOS state that if a feed is going offline, a notification will be posted of when to expect the feed to come back on. (The Fresno LE feed does not do that). I realize feed providers are volunteers and I truely appreciate all of them and understand they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. It just seems if this is going to be an ongoing situation, maybe someone should check on the feed provider. Maybe there are problems that can or cannot be fixed. Maybe something is seriously going on. How can a solution be found if no one checks into the problem?

I would really appreciate any info on this ongoing problem.

Thank you,

Bingo

kma371

QRT
We already went over this in another thread, but, this particular feed is not supported by a user on this site, thus no way to contact them. I'll contact the Feed Admin about removing it.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Reporting the post just goes to forum moderators. I dont have any access to the live audio stuff.

I'd say just sit tight and gordon or kendrick will come across.

BingoBingo

Thanks

Thanks, Burner50. I have posted to multiple threads with this dilema - all direct me back here. All I really want is some info on what is going on with that particular feed. I am not trying to bug or aggravate anyone.
A simple "it doesn't exist anymore" would answer my questions. Then maybe someone else would offer to take on the feed. If someone explained to me how to do it, I probably would. But I'm as green as they come.

Bingo

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Remember this post? http://forums.radioreference.com/1203367-post37.html

Like kma371 said we have no earthly idea who owns this feed since they did not provide a user name when the scanamercia transition occured. As far as them posting when their feed will come back on, they have to own(a user name has to be assigned to the feed) before they can update the status message. There is really nothing we can do. When its down for 3 weeks straight then the system will delete it. Looking at the feed uptime hours it is usually down about 1 week at a time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.