Problem with feed on audio3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night_Watchman

Premium Subscriber
I am the feed provider for the Onondaga County Public Safety feed (27719) which feeds through audio3. I received an email notification the the feed was offline. I also run the Oswego County Law and Fire Dispatch feed (30332) which feeds through audio9. The Oswego feed is running normally. I am using a Raspberry Pi 4 with 2 RTL-SDR dongles, Boatbod's fork of OP25 (multi_rx) and liquidsoap (combining both feeds into one liq file. I have rebooted the Pi; the Oswego feed came right back up, but the Onondaga feed did not come up. I then tried separating the two feeds into separate liq files. The Oswego feed came right back up, but the Onondaga feed did not come up. I am at a loss as to how to proceed further. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is that the same feed that keeps triggering alerts in Scanner Radio claiming 4,000+ people are listening to it? Seen a few of those over the past two days. Very bizarre.

iMarkup_20220621_123319.jpg

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The problem has been your feed has been spammed by some missbehaving chrome audio listener generating 1000’s of listeners. There’s no problem with any servers, no attack, we just brought your feed down for an hour or so to try to get rid of the misbehaving client.

It happens sometimes… there are some weird clients out there on different browsers that act strangely and sometimes we have to get rid of them using this method.

We’d normally send you an email telling you “hey, this is what we’re doing” but lately we’ve been running into issues where providers just ignore our emails.

Sorry for the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.