problem with frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrova

Hey there,
I'm trying to download, using Win500, any trunked frequencies for Hopewell, VA. I get the following message when I do:

There is a problem with a 'bandplan' element from the RR database:
Base = 851.0125
Offset = 0
Spacing = 25.0

(one or more of the values is zero)

You may want to report this to the RadioReference.com site. Be sure to reference 'sid=654' in any report you make.

Is there something I might be doing wrong?
Thanks,
SV

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The reason for the nag is because the three UHF Military systems use the same SYSID 791A. Click on through the three nags and select Hopewell Site and talkgroups for import. You can also select the FT Lee site and talkgroups if you are close enough. It would be impossible pick up the NavBase/NavShpYd and Hopewell/Ft Lee at the same time.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Whereas Frank is correct, so is the database. The error messages are actually something Don should look at. The data is correct based on which site you want to monitor, the problem is I am not sure the scanners are capable of monitoring both types of sites in the same bank (T-Sys). I don't have a GRE 500/600 but I know that the Pro-96/2096 has to be either 800 or UHF with a band plan from the "simple choices".

Technically, based on the frequencies used, a custom multi-table could be constructed that would fit both types of sites. But since I am not there, I can't test it to see if it would work. If anyone wants to try, you can try this as a band plan:
Code:
Lo    Hi    Base       Offset   Spacing
  0   379   851.0125   0        25.0      
380   759   406.0000   380      12.5

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Whereas Frank is correct, so is the database. The error messages are actually something Don should look at. The data is correct based on which site you want to monitor, the problem is I am not sure the scanners are capable of monitoring both types of sites in the same bank (T-Sys). I don't have a GRE 500/600 but I know that the Pro-96/2096 has to be either 800 or UHF with a band plan from the "simple choices".

Technically, based on the frequencies used, a custom multi-table could be constructed that would fit both types of sites. But since I am not there, I can't test it to see if it would work. If anyone wants to try, you can try this as a band plan:
Code:

Lou, thanks for your help.

Don reconfigured an earlier version of Win500 to automatically import the tables as you describe above. (only the UHF table was listed at the time)

Working with Stick43 who lives in the area, I ask if he would program a 2096 with those tables and the 4 Hopewell and 2 Ft Lee controls to determine if both towers will work in the same bank (wouldn't earlier with single UHF table). It does now work according to his report back. I know it works with GRE because I drove through the area on May 20 and both systems functioned ok in same TSYS.

Don stated to me that it was unnecessary to list the tables in Eastern Region database for using Win500 as he has it coded to set both tables, however, PSREdit and ARC500 will import the tables correctly with them listed. The only real problem is OP's original, the nag in Win500, but clicking through the nag will allow for a correct import.

Win96 will give a nag also and still imports the single UHF table, the user will need to edit and set both as you indicated above.

Last edited:

DonS

Code:

It almost certainly won't work in a PSR-500. The TSYS would have to be either "MOT VHF/UHF" or "MOT 800/900". The control channel data (and how it must be interpreted) differs between the two types (OBT vs. non-OBT). If you set the TSYS to 800/900, the Hopewell site will work, but the others (400 MHz) won't, and vice-versa.

The message shown by Win500 can be dismissed, and the program will still create the "combination" table above (though in the opposite order). The table will "work" for either of the two TSYS types you create for this system.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
It almost certainly won't work in a PSR-500. The TSYS would have to be either "MOT VHF/UHF" or "MOT 800/900". The control channel data (and how it must be interpreted) differs between the two types (OBT vs. non-OBT). If you set the TSYS to 800/900, the Hopewell site will work, but the others (400 MHz) won't, and vice-versa.

The message shown by Win500 can be dismissed, and the program will still create the "combination" table above (though in the opposite order). The table will "work" for either of the two TSYS types you create for this system.
At this very moment, I'm listening to the 2 UHF Navy systems with TSYS set at MOT 800/900 and tables as indicated (though the 400 tables are listed first. Air miles is 50 to Hopewell/Ft Lee but as stated in my previous, I scanned both successfully with this setup on May 20.

BTW, it works set as MOT VHF/UHF down here also, but I haven't tried this setting in Hopewell area as the file used then is set to MOT 800/900.

DonS

At this very moment, I'm listening to the 2 UHF Navy systems with TSYS set at MOT 800/900 and tables as indicated (though the 400 tables are listed first. Air miles is 50 to Hopewell/Ft Lee but as stated in my previous, I scanned both successfully with this setup on May 20.

BTW, it works set as MOT VHF/UHF down here also, but I haven't tried this setting in Hopewell area as the file used then is set to MOT 800/900.

If you're really listening to the 400 MHz sites on a "Mot 800/900 TSYS", then, even though those are VHF/UHF sites, the controller is really sending out "non-OBT" messages. If that's what's really happening, then you should be able to select all 4 sites in the system into a single TSYS, set the TSYS type to MOT 800/900, and use either the tables above or those created by Win500 when you import from RadioReference. You should then be able to monitor any of the 4 sites from that single TSYS.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Don,

I'm running a test with current UHF CC for Norfolk NavBase (SysID 791A ) and current 800 Smartnet CC from Suffolk, VA (SysID 0B01). 791A is the Eastern Region database in this thread discussion and the TSYS tables are as in Eastern Region, but with VHF/UHF listed first.
Scanner TSYS settings:
Type: MOT VHF/UHF (UHF will not work if set to 800/900 but both work if set to UHF)
Multi-Site: Stat
Check All C: Yes
T Tables: Custom

Attempting these Extended Table settings in the Pro-2096 produces zilch.

DonS

Don,

I'm running a test with current UHF CC for Norfolk NavBase (SysID 791A ) and current 800 Smartnet CC from Suffolk, VA (SysID 0B01). 791A is the Eastern Region database in this thread discussion and the TSYS tables are as in Eastern Region, but with VHF/UHF listed first.
Scanner TSYS settings:
Type: MOT VHF/UHF (UHF will not work if set to 800/900 but both work if set to UHF)
Multi-Site: Stat
Check All C: Yes
T Tables: Custom

Attempting these Extended Table settings in the Pro-2096 produces zilch.

OK. I had it backwards. The system is sending "OBT" messages even on the 800 MHz frequencies.

As for the PRO-2096... I can only guess that it's seeing the 800 MHz freqs in the bank and is presuming that it's a "non-OBT" system - similar to setting the TSYS type to "MOT 800/900" in the PSR-500.

mrova

Wow...

lot's of information here and ya'll are way over my head. I clicked through the nag screens and loaded whatever. My head is spinning and as soon as it stops, which may be next week, I'm gonna go back through that database and read s-l-o-w-l-y what ya'll have posted here and see if I can't learn something. At the very least, I will not be any more confused than I am right now...and that's not bad for me.
Thanks!
sv

DonS

After clicking through the Win500 nag/error message, make sure you change the TSYS type to "MOT VHF/UHF"

Status
Not open for further replies.