Problem with Mic In Jack on "Nettop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
So, I bought an Acer Nettop to run a feed.

The computer only has two jacks: speaker and mic in. The mic in jack did not work. The VU meter on Oddcast wouldn't register at all. Everything appears to be in order in the Device Manager. No reported errors from anywhere in the computer.

I then went and bought a USB Sound Card hoping I could get the feed running with it instead of the on-board sound card. It's not working either. The computer recognizes both sound cards, but is not "hearing" any of the audio coming from the scanner.

I've tried running ScannerCast also just to make sure the problem was not with Oddcast, but I have narrowed the problem down to audio only.

Anyone have any ideas to assist in troubleshooting this problem? Thanks in advance.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Matt, my apologies if you have already tried this and it didn't work...look for your audio settings through Control Panel and see if there is anything not looking right. I found this as a resolution once for a similar problem I was having.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
Dumb question probably....

The scanner volume is turned up adequately?

The output of the scanner jack you are using...you hear it with the cable plugged into computer speakers or something similar...maybe headphones?

The cable you are using...are you sure it's good?

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Matt, my apologies if you have already tried this and it didn't work...look for your audio settings through Control Panel and see if there is anything not looking right. I found this as a resolution once for a similar problem I was having.

Checking that out now.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Dumb question probably....

The scanner volume is turned up adequately?

The output of the scanner jack you are using...you hear it with the cable plugged into computer speakers or something similar...maybe headphones?

The cable you are using...are you sure it's good?

Yeah, the audio on the scanner is fine. I don't have any speakers on this 'nettop,' but I may go buy some cheap speakers and see if the audio output through the computer is ok. The cable is fine, I've used it before on other feeds.

This problem has me puzzled. I've never had a problem like this before.

hvscan

Matt, I'm not in front of my computer, so bear with me on this...on the first config page for Scannercast there is a section where you choose your sound card. Try to make an adjustment there. Try something other than Primary Sound Capture...

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider

Matt, I'm not in front of my computer, so bear with me on this...on the first config page for Scannercast there is a section where you choose your sound card. Try to make an adjustment there. Try something other than Primary Sound Capture...

Yeah, ScannerCast is set to the correct sound card. When I was using Oddcast, it was set correctly also.

I did, however, barely hear some audio while listening to the feed from another computer. I'm thinking there could be something wrong with Windows as it relates to the audio drivers or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.