Problem with Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para1

I purchased a Radio Shack Pro 106 digital handheld scanner and had the radio shack store program the scanner for digital frequencies in Butler County, Ks, Sedgwick County, Ks as well as the state of Kansas 800 Mhz format. A friend had purchased the same scanner a couple of months earlier and it was working great for him until around December after the state came in a reformatted towers for the re-banding.
Since getting my scanner I have not been able to pick up anything in Butler County while I am in Butler County. I can go to another surrounding county and pick up radio transmissions but again not while I am in Butler County. I have tried the scanner in many different locations in the county and I have taken the scanner back to the store. My friend as I said since the state worked on the towers has not been able to pick up anything on his scanner as well. Any ideas? Thanks

jasonkw

According to post 300 in the KSICS thread by n0lqt, the control channel wes switched to an alternate back in August. I don't know if this is still the case though.

Last edited:

jasonkw

Make sure these 2 frequencies are in your control channel list.
851.425, this is the Butler county simulcast.
857.2375, this is the alternate control channel for Cassoday according the KSICS page.

I was able to confirm both of these today near Haverhill. I was hearing traffic from several Butler county agencies while I was there.

The primary channel for Cassoday according to the KSICS page was not in use.

Last edited:

kenabos

Premium Subscriber
Pro-106 in Southern Butler

In my 106 I have a separate TSYS and Scan List for Butler and get the best results at home in Douglass when that scan list is the only one active. I use the RS 800MHZ antenna when I am outside or in the car and a home made discone when in the house.

System frequencies are.

These are TG's and hit counts(last column) for last Friday evening.
ButlerCo SO1 Group 2281 131
ElDorado PD1 Group 2340 116
KHP Troop F1 Group 314 92
Augusta PD 1 Group 2324 78
WildlifeLawF Group 398 77
ButlerCoLaw1 Group 2288 66
Andover PD 1 Group 2317 49
ButlerCo EMS Group 2293 40
MW LifeTeam Group 655 13
BtlrCoFDEvt7 Group 2276 6
KHP Troop F2 Group 315 5

I also usually hear some others like KTA turnpike, SBA reports, Reno Co., and KHP E1.

Status
Not open for further replies.