Problem with PRO2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlo

Premium Subscriber
My PRO2006 has no display, no background noise when squelch control is turned, receives no signals. I can hear a scratch when I rotate volume control. All dc voltages are correct. 10mhz oscillator is OK. Checked all cables and connectors. What should I check next?

Ubbe

It might be stuck in reset mode. When you power it on there's a capacitor that charges thru a resistor and when the voltage rises to a certain level the reset on the CPU are released and the program starts. That capacitor might be leaking or the resistor have gone too high in ohm.

Check that the reset button haven't got stucked. On the web are a servcice manual for the Pro2006 that have steps that give advice on what to check when you have a fault.

Pro2006 service manual

/Ubbe

moonbounce

I had the same problem with my PRO2006, I it was the on/off switch and squelch switch they need to be cleaned. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my radio, I had checked everything and found nothing wrong then when I played with the squelch everything came back on so I check it some more and determined it was in fact the squelch. I got a syringe from the drugstore filled it with 99% isopropyl alcohol and shot some into the on/off switch and the volume control and the squelch control, problem solved.
Also if you have any problems with the keypad not responding soak a cloth with same solution and wipe off the keypad and it will solve that problem also.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.