Problem With Proscan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasMcKean

I continue to grow increasingly frustrated with the Uniden 536. First the wifi stops working, then when I connect by way of serial, I get this crap. Can someone please tell me why the "o" and "p" are not displaying?

Scanner.jpg

ThomasMcKean

The characters are flashing on and off. Here the "o" is working, but the "y" in "Reynoldsburg" is not. Except sometimes it does and the "o" goes off. Why?

Scanner.jpg

GeekNJ

How does it display on the radio? Is it ok on the 536 unit but the 2 apps are showing something unexpected or does the unit display the same as the apps?

GeekNJ

Since you see the same thing with 2 different apps, I'd suspect it is NOT an app issue. I have the 436 so I'm not familiar with wifi. It would be good to provide the details on your setup/config between the apps and scanner.

ThomasMcKean

Not sure what there is to tell? I have it going to a serial port by way of USB, COM6 at 115,200 or whatever as it was suggested in this forum. The wifi and the serial are doing the exact same thing. I am beginning to think this scanner is a piece of crap.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Both apps are showing the problem, so an app problem is most likely ruled out.
Both WiFi and serial are showing the problem, so both of those are most likely ruled out.
The scanner shows the correct display, so the scanner is most likely ruled out.

What's left? You computer. Did you re-boot your computer? Check your computer drive for errors? Maybe a corrupt font file? Are you using the correct Uniden serial driver? Can you try a different computer?

ThomasMcKean

I rebooted and the same thing is happening. This computer has absolutely no problems at all other than the scanner.

Clearly asking a Uniden scanner to actually work is asking too much of a Uniden scanner.

So noted.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have 16 Uniden Scanners all displaying Correctly in PROSCAN at the same time on the same PC USB Serial Wifi Hardwired Cat5. Not a Uniden Problem nor is it a PROSCAN problem I also have 4 other Unidens on a second PC mounted on a 4 scanner mount with no problems on PROSCAN. You by chance are not running a Windows Emulator are you?

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Is this something new or has it always acted this way? If it's a new problem what changed right before it stopped working?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Can you go to the Test & Extra tab and look at the same text that's faulty on the display. Does it look normal or is there an ASC (ASCII) number showing?

{edit} It sounds like a SD Card problem to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.