Problem with Rockford Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkwalker86

Has anyone else been having problems picking up Rockford Police traffic? Recently I noticed I wasn't hearing near the traffic on my RS Pro 106 as I was used to hearing. Not only am I not hearing the amount of traffic I should be hearing, but the little bit that gets through is garbled (not encrypted), cuts in and out, and is completely unintelligible. I had made absolutely no changes to the scanner prior to this happening. I have no problem with the Illinois State Police P25 system, I hear them just fine. Since the problem started, I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix the problem: change antennas, attenuator off / on, delete Rockford Police settings, download new settings, re-load previously saved settings, multi-site mode off/roam/stat, but nothing seems to help. So, again, I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem / solution. Any help would be appreciated.

rhalld38

I'm listening to RPD right now and they sound ok to me. Have you tried moving your scanner to different part of the house? Sometimes what I have noticed that usually works. This past week I was listening to I believe it was RPD East and one of the officers were coming in garbled and the dispatcher asked him to repeat. I guess that will happen since there on digital radios and I would hear that on ISP as well. Also do you have an 800 mhz antenna? Maybe trying that kind of antenna would help.

rkwalker86

I did try moving around the house and found 1 spot, and 1 spot only, where everything seems to come in clear. I even walked outside with the scanner and still had no luck. So, I took my 106 for a "ride" today to see how it worked out of the house. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not sure how to feel) it worked fine. Picked up Rockford PD no problems. I alternated between my 800 mhz antenna and the glass-mount antenna and both worked fine. When checking signal strength in the car I was at 90+ percent. But at home, I'm routinely in the 40's. What I don't understand is why this is happening. I've had this scanner for close to 2 years and I've never had any problem with signal strength in my home, including digital P25. It's just all of a sudeen a problem. I know trees/leaves can sometimes be a problem, but the trees only have buds right now. I'm at a loss of what to do and a little bummed-out. Any ideas / thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

rkwalker86

Hey guys,

This reception problem with the Rockford PD is driving me nuts! I live just west of Rockford, towards Winnebago, and I can't pick up a thing! So, I'm going to ask a favor: Is there anyone with a Radio Shack Pro 106, in the area, that would be willing to meet with me and check out their 106's reception against mine? I'm nearlly 100% sure the problem is not my radio, but I would like to make sure. This wouldn't be more than 20-30 minutes at a couple of locations just west of Rockford (don't worry, not actually in west Rockford!) I would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.