Problem with Scanning Chespeake

Status
Not open for further replies.

perryehle

Has anyone had a problem receiving audible communications on Chesapeake fire/police? I have a new 396 and the scanner stops on the channel when communications are taking place but there is NO audible. I have tried everything with no luck. I get their primary channel and the hospital channel but I thing thats because those channel are not digital. Please help. I paid a lot of money for this new scanner just to get Chesapeake.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
One thing it could be is you set the system up incorrectly. I forget how I set Chesapeake up on my 396, but I do recall that for some systems, the P25 setting for the system will cause problems.

Earlier P25 systems, and I think Chesapeake is one, need to be set up as an 800 trunked system and let the scanner identify the digital.

Try installing the system that way (if you used P25 when you did the first setup) or as a P25 if you used a generic 800.

I'm not trying to say you did, this, but I know I did when I started loading digital systems onto my 396. Digital is P25 (generally folks, generally) so I used the P25 setting and had to do them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.