Problem with South Metro/Littleton Fire Rescue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcostello

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening from afar, but it seems we're no longer hearing Littleton, Englewood and South Metro Fire/Rescue on the South Metro channel. I'm only hearing Elbert county.

Is there a problem?
Former Arapahoe County native, now living in Washington, DC.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I submitted a 'Report a Problem' to the feed provider just yesterday regarding the issue and am currently awaiting a response. It's been acting this way for at least two weeks (likely more) and I'm not sure what the problem is exactly. It has been missing 70%+ of the transmissions in the past weeks. I'm wondering if the feed is parked on the Franktown site because that site doesn't see much activity outside of Douglas County's Fire Dispatch and some of the local law talkgroups.

tcostello

Premium Subscriber
I agree...it's been happening for a while.

IDEALLY, I would love to JUST have Littleton and SMFR on one channel with all the other Elbert/Douglas county departments on another channel.

But I have no idea who runs this feed and how it's administered.

Just grateful that I'm able to listen every once in a while from the other side of the country.
It's nice keeping tabs on my hometown.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently hearing Littleton and Castle Rock traffic on the feed just no South Metro.

Jim<

N2PDQ

Feed Provider
Feed has been updated

Greetings all, just wanted to give an update on the south metro rescue feed. It looks like that the state made some changes to the towers, so I updated my control channels, and also added 2 different systems, one for all the arapahoe county channels, and one for the douglas county channels, that way the channels will follow the correct control channels. I've also added the interface to display the channel text to the web player.

Sorry it took alittle while to figure out what was going on, but it should be up and running. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Dirk

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Thank you for the quick fix! The new sites you have listed for the feed looks like they will definitely provide some redundancy for some of the fire departments in the area and there has been a very noticeable increase of traffic by all of the other departments!

Just a couple of comments regarding the feed. TG 1794 is not utilized by anyone at this time. TG 1791 is the correct West Douglas TG (no longer referred to as Ops-11), so you may want to consider moving that to the Arapahoe County side since MetCom dispatches for them. You may want to consider adding TG 2996 (Cunningham Ops-6) & 2997 (Cunningham Ops-8) as Littleton dispatches for them, but the feed itself is already pretty busy as is.

--- EDITED ---

I just had some additional thoughts regarding the feed. If your scanner supports multisite trunking, it may be more beneficial to consolidate Arapahoe County and Douglas County back into a single system and have the scanner check all 3 sites periodically to be able to get the greatest amount of coverage for both the Arapahoe County and Douglas County talkgroups. Such a setup may reduce the scan delay when switching between the two systems (and consequentially checking Smokey Hill multiple times for two systems). I know I was talking to Steve about the feed last night and he might be able to provide some additional insight if you wanted to head that direction and depending on the scanner you have providing the feed.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Still not hearing any South Metro traffic but maybe they are just quiet this afternoon.

Thanks for working on it, it's one I monitor 24/7.

Jim<

Just heard Tower-34 yay..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.