Problem with Tennessee Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4yek

Hi,
There is a small problem with the Tennessee Database:

Tennessee Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The problem is that when something is updated, you don't know what it is. You can see in the link above it shows the date of the update but you can't mouse over or click on it to find out what it was that got updated.
I had to click on a county link to discover that the statewide TACN system had been updated.

Thanks for the database, absolutely love it.

Danny

FYI, i just noticed all states are like this. It shows you the date updated but you don't know what has been updated. I just tried South Carolina and it shows todays date for an update but you don't know what was updated. I clicked on the Palmetto state system and it shows there that is was updated.

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for mentioning this. I noticed that the other day when the TACN was updated, but it didn't show it was updated, like it used to do. It took me a while to figure it out. Then I learned 52 talkgroups had been updated/changed.

It's confusing when you see it is updated, but it doesn't show what is updated.

jfhtm350

If I remember correctly which I may not be, there was an update to the common/shared frequencies and some hams were updated in Knox and Sevier and then I found the TACN in green in the Knox Co page but dont believe the TACN was green in the state page.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Thats the way it works, say someone changes the order of the listing be it frequencies/talkgroups it will make it green even though no addition or deletion is made.
Even fixing a typo will do it. Essentially all I'm saying is 'anything' that is changed no matter even how minor it is will cause it to go green.

You can click the 'Downloads and Reports' to help give an indication what was done.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
The problem is, sometimes when the state is highlighted in green on the US map indicating changes and you click on it, it does not show any counties highlighted in green, or at the bottom of the page, no statewide systems highlighted in green, when there are actual changes to those statewide systems. Then I have to click on various counties, or the trunking tab at the top to find the changes.
Used to, when a statewide system was changed, it would be highlighted in green on the state page, and I wouldn't have to go hunting for the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.