Problem with the software uasd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rook

HI all, I bought yesterday a brand new uniden scanner BCD396T and when I try to connect my scanner with the software I receive : 1.11 is not a valid floating point value. Anybody receive same kind of problem ? I connect my scan with usb plug and port and receive the same problem.

Hope anybody can help me with this case

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved to the Scanning Software Support forum.

Could you be a little more descriptive of your problem. Based on what you said, my first guess is that you have an improper driver for that USB cable, but I am just guessing.

rook

I already download the usb driver from uniden. The problem is that I try with the port com cable that came with my scanner. I receive the message : 1.11 not a valid floating point value. So I decide to buy the usb cable thinking It could change something and I still receive the same message. Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
rook said:
I download already download the usb driver from uniden. The problem is that I try with the port com cable that came with my scanner. I receive the message : 1.11 not a valid floating point value. So I decide to buy the usb cable thinking I would change something and I still receive the same message. Thanks for the reply
Alright, based on the above I am assuming you have a serial port on the computer as well as USB.

Using the serial cable that came with the radio, what COM port is the serial port?
When I try to force it to use an unoccupied port, I get a communication error; when I try to force it to use an otherwise occupied port, I get an unsupported model error message.

I get the same results with my lap top and a USB->serial adapter.

It seems to me that I remember someone else commenting on a floating point error, but
I could not find it in a search here. I may have been on another board. :confused:

In any case, since you apparently have a serial port, lets stick with using it for further testing. Make sure you are using a port that has not been captured by some other piece of software (PDA interface, Camera, etc.), reboot your machine and try again.

rook

The serial cable is set to com 1.
In the uasd program you can click on Online control and you can switch to scanner view.I can do this and click on the button and my scanner response. So the only thing i can't do is connect to scanner.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Update to Possible Problem

rook:

I went on a search and found what I thought I remembered, I am not sure if it applies to you as you have not listed your location, but if you are using a language variable version of the OS software, you may have this problem, see the quote below from the Yahoo BCD396T group.
I found a problem with the new software. When I update my software to
the new version 1.4.1.1 I can't connect to the scanner and I received
the message "1.11 is not a valid floating point value".

I only had the problem with the french version of Win XP. I finaly
found that the new version are not compatible with the french version
of XP and if you want to run the new version we must configure the
control pannel to . instead of , in the "linguistiques" label.

The curious thing is why did Uniden change the compatibility in the
new version. In Canada we use , instead off . for the decimal.
So I am guessing that if you use a "," for a decimal point instead of "." then you may be causing the problem that way. Hope this helps.

rook

Ok thanks a lot for that, I use win XP french. But where do I have to change the linguistiques label. Thanks again

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Not sure, but try "Regional and Lanuage Options" in the Control Panel.

jrplmil

Gee I am Impressed Lou. Since I got a 396 that is going to be here Tuesday I will remember this. Thanks a lot for being there

Status
Not open for further replies.