Problem with uniden 436 sd card

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a problem I tried to install the software on the 436 I get the message that City Data table read error please check city table v1_00_00 data in SD card how do I fixe it? and it has locked up scanner were I cant get into anything I tried taking the batter out and the SD card

gchapel

No, that is not fine.

Uniden recommends using a program called "SDFormatter 4". It is specified in the manual and it has a link where you can download the software.

Fat32 might work also and won't harm the SDcard but I would stick with what is specified in the manual, just in case there is a difference with the way it handles some of the Index pointers.

But be warned. There are a lot of problems with using the scanner through the USB port. I had an BCD436HP which I sent back because I kept getting "Need to Format Drive" every time I connected the scanner through the USB port using the "Mass Storage mode". I bought a BCD536HP and I have the exact same problem. Can't connect in Mass Storage mode because Windows thinks it is an unformatted drive. Several times I corrupted the MicroSD card trying to make the connection.

I ended up just using a separate stand-alone card reader to use with sentinel. It works fine and I just don't ever connect the scanner directly.

Hopefully Uniden will get this fixed.

Last edited:

tb4cue

Hi,
I have Uniden BCD436HP.
Problem is at start this is the read out.
City data table
read error
please check
city data V100.00.dat
in sd card
I tried everything which was written on the internet and forums but i couldn't solve this problem.
Uniden didn't respond to any of my mails.
Is it possible for you to send me a copy of a working sd card by mail?
My mail is
ta4aue@gmail.com

JamesO

Hi,
I have Uniden BCD436HP.
Problem is at start this is the read out.
City data table
read error
please check
city data V100.00.dat
in sd card
I tried everything which was written on the internet and forums but i couldn't solve this problem.
Uniden didn't respond to any of my mails.
Is it possible for you to send me a copy of a working sd card by mail?
My mail is
ta4aue@gmail.com

SD card is corrupt and likely not recoverable.

You can purchase a new SD card and use Sentinel to configure it and you should be back in business.

Please post your comments in this thread -

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...report-x36hp-sd-card-problems-corruption.html

as I am trying to track how common these issues are and if the problem is with the cards or scanners.

tb4cue

Thank you JamesO but i tried everything written on radioreference.com and some other stuff (sd formatter ,different usb cables and different sd cards) but i couldn't succeed. Everytime i tried there was this writing on the screen, "Database is corrupt operation is cancelled" and if i continue, there was this writing "city data table...." Where can i buy a working sd card or can i have a copy of its data from anyone of you?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You already have a copy of the data on the computer you have Sentinel installed on.

As JamesO wisely said, buy a new card and use Sentinel to configure it.

JamesO

Sounds very much like what I ran into, tried 3 different SD card software formatters, attempted to format in 2 digital cameras, attempted 3 different computers with different operating systems.

Determined the card was not recoverable and moved on to a replacement card. So far no power blips or card problems yet.

Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.