Problem with VAC or Windows 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
I have an Airspy HF/Discovery. I want to get back into decoding things like I did years ago but I have an annoying issue. I have SDR# playing through the VAC line in, and I have listen to this device selected. The sound cuts out constantly. Nothing is over driven (all at 50 percent) and right now have a local MW station playing and constant cut outs.

Is there any solution to this?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
There are some changes from versions of Windows 10 and older i Windows 11 that make older equipment unhappy. One of my radios requires two different programming cables due to changes in the USB driver. Some older programs no longer will function as new drivers have not been developed due to their age and age of the equipment.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
There are some changes from versions of Windows 10 and older i Windows 11 that make older equipment unhappy. One of my radios requires two different programming cables due to changes in the USB driver. Some older programs no longer will function as new drivers have not been developed due to their age and age of the equipment.

So in other words, they made windows worse... Seems typical.

Thanks for the reply.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Windows 7 did everything I needed for my hobbies. There was a problem with updates failing that needed a programming fix, but with continued security fixes many people would ave been satisfied. Updating to Windows 11 was free, but that doesn't begin to make up for the software issues that force me to keep 7 on another computer.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
I was able to fix this late last night. I kept messing with VAC and never could get it to work right. I couldn't get PC-HFDL to listen on line-in no matter what I did. I saw another virtual cable program called VB cable and problem is solved. It seems VAC don't work with windows 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.