Problem with wx

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

I wonder if the transmitter is having problems, can you pick up any other WXR transmissions?, Did anything in your system change?
Here in my part of Nebraska I can hear any one of 4 wx transmitters in the area. How far are you from the transmitter?

tlaisbored1

morristown tennessee

the noaa radio transmitter is in morristown tennnessee i dont think it changed i can hear 2 wx transmitters but not clear at all

KC0QNB

How far are you from Morristown? Are there other systems on VHF you listen to that are acting the same way? I am trying to put pieces together to see if I can help.

KC0QNB

This in interesting, confirming, only the weather radio is acting up and no other systems, ok that blows one theory I had away, I wonder if the radio propagation might be the problem, given the distance from the transmitter which is really too far away (the systems are designed for about 50 miles, according to NOAA) and the band conditions which, are at least here, are different than usual, it might be a temporary thing check this evening after dark and see if it is still the same, also check in the morning, and see what it is like.
I will do some checking on propagation conditions for your area and see what I find.

tlaisbored1

ok

ok there is a severe thunderstorm warning in claiborne county idk if that has anything to do with it but now i hear nothing on the wx

Status
Not open for further replies.