• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

problem with XTS2500 & XTS 5000 "site Trunking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
all of our radios mobiles base stations and handhelds all say site trunking and are not allowing the users to transmit on them. When the base station radios are moved to the repeater channel they work with no problem however no other radios work in the system. It is also a problem city wide all of the OKC metro area on the state Motorola 800mhz system is having problems tonight. I was just wondering if any of you have ever seen this if so PM me.

mancow

Database Admin
The site has lost contact with the other sites. It's a problem on their end and there is nothing you can do until they fix it. I see it occasionally in our area. That's one reason I wish that I could select sites instead of forcing it to just scan for the best RSSI. I could often hit a neighboring tower and get back on the network but the 2500 would not let me and kept reverting to the highest signal level.

im800mhz

The site trunking message is delivered by the radio site after it has lost connectivity to the Core or Zone Controller.

Depending on your preferences in that talkgroups personality, your radios may or may not have behaved in the way you had hoped. I would ask your sys admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.