• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

I am currently using a Uniden BC780XLT scanner. Soon I will be using the the new BCD996T. I live in the middle of two different systems. One to the west and the other to the east. Each of about 35-40 miles away from me. One is a Louisiana State system and the other is a city wide system. Both are Motorola type II systems. Each of the systems has a same frequency in it (859.9325). On the state system it is used as the CC, the city syetem it is not a CC, its a voice channel. I have each system set up in two different banks. The problem I am having is while monitoring the city system it will stop on the voice freq and start receiving as the control channel from the state system. So I am never able to monitor the city system without this happening. This happens even if I use the scanner in control channel only mode or not. This also same thing happens when a little skip starts moving in and my local systems voice freq. starts receiving as control channels as well. This is annoying. Is there a way to set the scanner to where it will not get the freqs. mixed up or confused from one system to another if they are using some of the same freqs. If there is no other way to set the scanner from this happening it sure would be nice if 800 systems would use some type of CTCSS tones for each freq. or system that would sure elimanate some of this from happening.

RocketNJ

sounds like a high gain yagi antenna will help, or a corner reflector.

It should help you receive one system stronger than the other so you don't run into the problem. Unfortunately, you will only be able to monitor one of the two systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.