Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam70

Have a AOR AR-3000 scanner, problems are on switch on shows a 3 & 2nd f(Fuction)doesnt work,also some programmed Freq. not shown.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
You will probably find the internal backup battery needs to be replaced. Once it starts to fail there are lots of such problems reported. You should find instructions on the Net.

adam70

Hi,That was the first that I did was to replace the CR 2032 battery,but still having problems

adam70

Hi Marlbrook,
Thanks for your reply,I forgot to say that was what I did after replacing the battery,I assume you are referring to the black button on the back of display,but friend once said there is another reset somewhere, bu I cant find it.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Factory reset is explained here:-
jump to 26:35

It is an internal switch on the PCB.

Does that work?

adam70

Hi marlbrook,
Thanks for that info,I had already tried that reset.
Can you suggest anything else to try?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, no. In your first post you mentioned some programmed frequencies did not appear. The Reset, if it worked, should have wiped all the previously saved Memories?

adam70

Hi Marlbrook,
Thanks for all your suggestions for my problem with my AOR AR-300 scanner which I have all tried,still having problems,
so can you suggest a reasonable repair company in the UK as I think its my only option now.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I cannot. As I understand it AOR no longer support the 3000 anymore, and the U.K. Main Dealers seem to want to send Radios back to Japan rather than repairing them, but AOR are likely to refuse that. Out of interest, when you perform the full reset are all the Memories wiped? If not, perhaps you are not following all that Reset requires as described in the Video.

I assume you carefully examined the PCB around the backup battery, for 'leakage' damage. My last resort would be to assume the replacement battery is at fault, or its connection to the main PCB. I do know that if the battery is not working correctly I had the same sort of errors you describe, and after fitting a good one it was very important to follow all the Reset steps exactly.

After fitting the battery I would also use a Meter to check the surrounding connecting strips to make sure the voltage is reaching the nearest connected components as it should.

Good luck.

Last edited:

adam70

Hi,
Well I purchased the battery from RS Components,which I assume is a genuine source and checked the voltage before fitting it.After that the scanner was dead, before I rememberd about the reset button,it then sprang in to life.Maybe I'll try the reset again. to see if that helps.
As for the other checks you suggested,I'll get my friend who is better qualified than me to check them out.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.