Problems listening to Palmetto 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazinzac

I have a Radioshack pro-164 and I'm having trouble listening to the Palmetto 800 in Florence, SC. When I'm scanning on their frequencies I pick up alot of static and cross-interference with other frequencies while listening to just one. If anyone has ever had this problem or if anyone has any ideas why this is happening your help will be appreciated, thanks -Zac

which tower are you trying to listen to and what part of florence do you live in there are two towers that are pal 800 covering florence the darlinton site which is on palmetto rd just into darlington county with a control channel of 868.800 and the effingham site which is also the florence county trunksystem prime site it has a control channel of 868.9625 try either of these or both and see which one has the best reception for the part of florence you live in

blazinzac

I'm not really sure, I live in the west florence area however, I have noticed that when I'm in Effingham i do have a clearer and cleaner experience listening. A friend of mine programmed my scanner a couple years ago and I'm not really sure about any of the frequencies but I'd like to know how to "Change" to the darlington one if that's even the correct way to word it...

blazinzac

UPDATE**

Okay, well after looking on here and finding the frequencies for Darlington I've gladly entered those frequencies and found a much clearer transmit. Thanks for the help man, I wish I would've known that a while back!

Status
Not open for further replies.