Problems monitoring 900Mhz MOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On a Pro 164, the following is occurring...

Important to note that the transmitter is rather close, sometimes within 100s of feet. I've thought that the transmitter close signal could be overloading the scanner, but these symptoms are occurring farther away from the transmitter, too. so ruling that out...

1) occasionally miss entire transmissions on any given TG.

2) control channel motorboat sometimes "bleeds" over voice traffic (on one specific frequency)

3) scanner will act like its trying to 'lock' onto a TG that is transmitting, but the scanner display simply flashes rapidly (from "Scanning..." to displaying the TG) w/ no audio.

I've also tried the attenuator with no improvement. I don't think this has anything to do with rebanding..? I am going to return to the site tomorrow with another radio, but short of that, can anyone think of anything?

This is the system in question:

Tesoro Petroleum (Golden Eagle Refinery) Trunking System, Martinez, California - Scanner Frequencies

ULS License - Other Indust/Land Transp. 896-901/935-940 MHz, Trunked License - WNNH925 - Tesoro Refining and Marketing Company - Frequencies Summary

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.