• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Problems on Professional GP300/GM300 series CPS (all versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealSteef

Hello all,

First of all I find it very strange and not logical and even misleading that it is not possible to program the actual GP300 GM300 with these CPS's. One would expect that at least for the name of it.
Question1: is anyone aware of a windows based CPS for GP300? I only know DOS CPS for GP300.

The above mentioned CPS only supports GP320-340-360-380 and maybe some more (like 328 aso)?
All the CPS's say: "cannot create unknown radio component"
I have tried to search all topics everywhere but i have not found any answer to the question what it actually means and more important what to do about it.
Question2: does anyone know? I used WinXP, Win7, Win10 machines ribboxes (RLN4008B/C and ribless configs. Com is correct and prolific drivers is no problem, even used a actual, so not virtual COMport.
Anyone?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Hello all,

First of all I find it very strange and not logical and even misleading that it is not possible to program the actual GP300 GM300 with these CPS's. One would expect that at least for the name of it.
Question1: is anyone aware of a windows based CPS for GP300? I only know DOS CPS for GP300.

Traditionally, the DOS software is referred to as RSS, Radio Service Software. The Windoze stuff is CPS.

I'm not aware of any windoze CPS for the GM300. I have a few GM300's still and I'm using DOS RSS.

The above mentioned CPS only supports GP320-340-360-380 and maybe some more (like 328 aso)?
All the CPS's say: "cannot create unknown radio component"
I have tried to search all topics everywhere but i have not found any answer to the question what it actually means and more important what to do about it.

Those radio models are from outside the USA, and in the Waris series. They are not programmable with the GM300 software. Completely different product.

Question2: does anyone know? I used WinXP, Win7, Win10 machines ribboxes (RLN4008B/C and ribless configs. Com is correct and prolific drivers is no problem, even used a actual, so not virtual COMport.
Anyone?

Not sure what you are asking here.
If you are asking if the GM300 software will work under Windows in a DOS box, the answer is no. You need to boot up a PC into pure DOS mode. I use a program called RUFUS to do that. It's on a USB thumb drive, and I have an old PC laptop setup to boot off the USB port as it's first choice.

RealSteef

Traditionally, the DOS software is referred to as RSS, Radio Service Software. The Windoze stuff is CPS.

I'm not aware of any windoze CPS for the GM300. I have a few GM300's still and I'm using DOS RSS.

Those radio models are from outside the USA, and in the Waris series. They are not programmable with the GM300 software. Completely different product.

If you are asking if the GM300 software will work under Windows in a DOS box, the answer is no. You need to boot up a PC into pure DOS mode. I use a program called RUFUS to do that. It's on a USB thumb drive, and I have an old PC laptop setup to boot off the USB port as it's first choice.

Thanks Mike for the additional information. Difference between RSS and CPS. I guess I used the both unintentionally for either. I am sorry for that. I was not aware of the strict difference.
So no windows software for GM300. Still wondering for GP300. I remember there was something called Wookie or something...?

I am sorry if I was unclear. I was saying:
that I am looking for working software to program GP340.
That I tried some CPS (winodws) versions,
That these all mention the same error.
And that I am looking for the exact meaning of this specific error and that I am looking for the reason for this error.

Thanks so much for your time in answering.
Greetz,
Steve

RealSteef

[...]
I was not asking that, but since you mention it: does RUFUS also solve the problem of the new way RS232 (from 486 and up) is controlled/ handled where the old way (286 and 386) is needed for most RSS (not for GP300 but e.g. Motorola MX1000/2000/3000).

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks Mike for the additional information. Difference between RSS and CPS. I guess I used the both unintentionally for either. I am sorry for that. I was not aware of the strict difference.
So no windows software for GM300. Still wondering for GP300. I remember there was something called Wookie or something...?

GP-300 programming software uses DOS, no windows software is available.

I am sorry if I was unclear. I was saying:
that I am looking for working software to program GP340.
That I tried some CPS (winodws) versions,
That these all mention the same error.
And that I am looking for the exact meaning of this specific error and that I am looking for the reason for this error.

The GP-340 is the European market model of the HT-750, but it does not use the same software. Not sure what software you need for it. Be aware that Motorola radios are really picky about programming software. Most models will not allow you to program them with an older version software than what was used previously.

A good resource for this sort of stuff is over at www.batlabs.com. You may find some better help over there.

headsense

As you have been told its neither illogical or misleading, you have an EMEA sales region radio not AA or North American region.

Majority of Motorola product except for P25 product line are sales region specific and so have region specific software.

The major difference - GM-340 (5 Tone signalling) and HT-750 (MDC1200)

All later software (CPS) is windows based and runs on Windows 32bit systems.

A rib will work but a $15.00 prolific chipped USB aftermarket programming lead is much more convenient unless your doing firmware updates.

Waris product line went EOL years ago and the WWW will provide you with any and all relevant support with very little effort searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.