problems programing Washoe County into my pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I recently bought a new Pro-164 and I am using the Arc-300 software. I havent really had any problems with it till I hit the Washoe County EDACS System. The problem is that the scanner will not pick up the programed Id's. I have full signal, and am looking right at Slide Mtn.

Any suggestions would be awesome

sigint1

Was: joking
Try this - not sure if it applies to the 164 but most RS scaners start their channel numbering in the banks with 00 IE the first channel in bank one is 00, bank two 100 and so on - if so Make sure in whatever bank you have the EDACS system programed that you lock out the first channel and start with the SECOND channel in the bank - IE if you have it in bank 1 (Chan 00-99) then the first freq in the LCN has to go in channel 01 not 00 - same with the other banks - dont use the x00 channel 100, 200, 300 - the reason for this that EDACS systems reference frequencies by channel numbers not by frequency and they start the numbering with 1 not 0 - if the system assigns the conversation to Chan 1 its going to go the channel 01 (or 101,201 301 etc depending what bank you programmed the system in) for that bank expecting the first frequency in the LCN to be there - if you have the first frequency in the LCN in channel 00 100 200 etc then your going to be one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.