Problems scanning in the 300 range

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat2837214

I have a uniden BCT8 scanner, and live in east Tennessee; I don't think either would matter on this subject
Our local airport has some frequencies in the 300 range; to be exact they are 301.4, 354.15, and 371.85, when I try to program them in the scanner gives me the dreaded "error" displayed on the screen. Does anyone know why the scanner would not allow me to program these freqs in; could they be part of the "cell phone range".

anyone with info or ideas please share them with me.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I have a uniden BCT8 scanner, and live in east Tennessee; I don't think either would matter on this subject
Our local airport has some frequencies in the 300 range; to be exact they are 301.4, 354.15, and 371.85, when I try to program them in the scanner gives me the dreaded "error" displayed on the screen. Does anyone know why the scanner would not allow me to program these freqs in; could they be part of the "cell phone range".

anyone with info or ideas please share them with me.

These frequencies are not within the designed range of the BCT-8 scanner. The frequencies are not part of the "cell-phone" range, but are within the UHF military airband (225-400 MHz). Quite a few scanners were never designed to pick up this range, but more and more are available now than in the old days.

If you really want to listen to the UHF military air stuff, you'll have to upgrade to something that has that range of frequencies in it's specifications. The BCT-15 does very well in the military UHF range.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.