BC75XLT: Problems while receiving air band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabena

Hello,

I already sent a message to the support, I didn't know there is a board for technical issues too:

When receiving air band (I only use it for listening to air band), my BC75XLT has a strange behaviour:

It is like someone would press "pause" for about 0.38 second every 1.85 seconds... No matter if I hold the frequency, use scan or anything else. I also tried to switch between Canada and USA settings (Power-On + 1 / 2), but this does not affect the effect. As we also have 8.33 air band in Europa both settings should do it for me.

At the moment I'm only frustrated, because I purchased the scanner from overseas and now it looks like I cannot even use it... -.-

Thanks for any hints or suggestions!

Sabena

PS: A decade ago I was using a BC220XLT for air band, which was working really fine. No clue why I have such problems now with the BC75XLT!?!

EDIT: Close Call was activated, now it is working fine again! Sorry, was my mistake! ^^

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You have some Priority thing turned on, either a priority channel, weather scan, or Close Call / bandscope.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
At about 2 seconds, it narrows it down to either channel priority or Close Call. Weather is 5 seconds between breaks.

If it is Close Call, I suggest using Close Call DND mode instead of Close Call Priority. DND will still check for Close Call hits, but will suppress the check while you are actively receiving a signal and only check in between transmissions.

Sabena

Ha. Got it. CC was activated, and caused the problem.

Thank you very much! I could bet I already had deactivated it before, but... it is working!

THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.