ARC_DV1 Problems with ARC DV 1 PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.
While looking for software for my AR DV 1, I came across the ARC DV 1 PRO programme.
On Monday I downloaded the demo version of BuTel and the driver (for the USB cable) from
the AOR site and installed both on my PC (Win 7). On Monday everything worked fine, but on
Tuesday nothing worked, the COM port was not found. On Wednesday, I tried again and the
software worked. Today, the same problem again, no COM port. According to the control panel,
the driver is fine and the COM port is still COM 3. Why does the software keep losing the COM
port? Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing has been changed on the PC or the settings. The PC
was only switched off and switched on again the next day. All cables remained connected.

Kind regards, Michael

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
Mike, I know this us a long shot, but I had the same problem and it turned out that my Icom R2500 driver was interfering with the DV1 driver. I uninstalled the Icom driver and it’s been fine ever since.

Could be a faulty cable? Do you have another at your disposal you can try?
I have replaced the USB cable, unfortunately without success.

@thecop,
I only installed the AOR driver for the USB cable, it doesn't work without the driver.
No other drivers were installed, or did the BuTel software (ARC DV 1) install other drivers here that I don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.