Problems with BCD396T need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp

Hi, I hope I can get some help for my BCD396T Handheld Scanner problem. I am not able to use some frequencies and when the`scanner picks up voice it is very hard to understand or recognize what is said and a "ENC" is displayed under the frequency.The frequency is in the range of 467.0000mhz through to 469.4000mhz. I am able to get FM radio and TV very clearly and have recently turned off the Broadcast setting after reading that it could be a problem and effecting the other frequencies. Turning off broadcast did not fix the problem. The scanner has 27% memory used and the firmware version is 1.13.03. Does any one else have or had this problem? I am not a wizz and would be very great-full if any help given in a easy to follow way. Thanks Danny

akuter

Premium Subscriber
"ENC" Encryption. I think the radio mutes so you don't here the "hiss" or "snow" of the transmission. No current scanner can decode Encryptions:(

Hope some others can help w/your second question

needhelp

Thanks akuter, All my other services eg. Air, CB radio,railroad, fire, Race, TV and FM radio receive well except for the one service. It's a shame because i bought the unit with the understanding i could use all services and the one service i am not getting (problems with) is the main service i wanted to use.

SCPD

QRT
You may want to post in the Australian Forum what system you trying to listen to and see if you can get help there.

needhelp

I found this forum through google and thought it was user friendly, I could not find any other forum in Australia other then yahoo and i do not wish to join up to yahoo. If you know of an Australian forum would you be kind enough to post a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.