Problems with BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp

Hi, I hope I can get some help for my BCD396T Handheld Scanner problem. I am not able to use some frequencies and when the`scanner picks up voice it is very hard to understand or recognize what is said and a "ENC" is displayed under the frequency.The frequency is in the range of 467.0000mhz through to 469.4000mhz. I am able to get FM radio and TV very clearly and have recently turned off the Broadcast setting after reading that it could be a problem and effecting the other frequencies. Turning off broadcast did not fix the problem. The scanner has 27% memory used and the firmware version is 1.13.03. Does any one else have or had this problem? I am not a wizz and would be very great-full if any help given in a easy to follow way. Thanks Danny

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you are trying to get Police NSW and I'm sorry but no current model scanner can decode encrypted P25 signals as of yet. You can only hear analogue police transmissions that are used in more country areas of NSW.

needhelp

Cheers ausscan, I get a strong and clear signal on the airport, does that mean they still use analogue or does that mean they do not use encrypted signals?

longreach

Feed Provider
aircraft use AM, very different modulation.
the only digital police channel you may be able to recieve is 468.7125 which is channel W off Mt Gibralter at Bowral. you can pick that up in most areas of sydney, but its the same as what you hear on the analogue liason chanels in sydney anyway.
cheers
Matt

needhelp

Thanks for the info Longreach,

Do you know what system the tow truck drivers use? I ask because in most cases they arrive at an accident befor the police?

longreach

Feed Provider
or you could monitor the RTA Oscar crews on NATO 1 (TG 09808), the various ambulance TG's (TG's 43856-48000 roughly) the various fire brigade TG's (TG 12992-14000 roughly) and hear it all that way. all are courtesy of the GRN.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.