Problems with BCT15

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdw930

I am attempting to program my BCT15 with a trunked Motorola Type 2 System. I have another Uniden that I program and it works just fine. I am using the BCTool and a paid subscription to RadioReference.com When I download the system (or program manually) it works just fine except whenever there is traffic it is just a garbled interfence sound. I have tried adjusting the squelch with no success. I think it is only when a transmittion is being made because they vary in length and it scans in between them. Anyone have any suggestions? I am not very well versed in scanning but have spent the better part of today pouring over the manual and using different software packages to attempt to make it work. Thanks!
-Ryan

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This would be easier to identify if we knew which system you were trying to hear; offhand I'd say you've got a digital system programmed, and the BCT15 won't handle that.

Only those scanners listed here can decode unencrypted digital signals. Fortunately BcTool will work with the BCD396 and 996, the 2 Uniden DMA digital scanners, so you're not completely out of the woods....

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.