Problems with DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalRain

Yep, its pretty good about information. I never really had any issues even re-downloading it, if I did, I would just open the saved .xml files.

it seems to be running. not sure how I know the level of signal I don't see a signal meter anywhere. so not sure if its just running and not picking up signal

DigitalRain

Not my picture, but this is what it should look like (this guy is running 3 systems at once though)View attachment 84047

WOW that's impressive. problem I'm having is signal. the meter was up to 100 and then disappeared. And my voice side I can't get it to open. I reloaded the driver for the dongles and still nothing on voice side. won't open. so I have to figure out why the signal keeps disappearing and fix the voice side.

ScubaJungle

WOW that's impressive. problem I'm having is signal. the meter was up to 100 and then disappeared. And my voice side I can't get it to open. I reloaded the driver for the dongles and still nothing on voice side. won't open. so I have to figure out why the signal keeps disappearing and fix the voice side.
Yep, Unitrunker is a really awesome software. If they added DMR, I think it may be the best.
I have even followed 4 seperate systems with TWO SDRs by creating 4 VFOs, 2 signal and 2 voice.

To give you some assurance, when I started with Unitrunker, I was confused and couldnt get it running, but once I did, it clicked and became really simple.

As for the signal - try playing around with your antenna if possible. Unitrunker is pretty sensitive, and I find that it decode audio that my BCD436HP cant, with the same antenna/orientation. I do have to find the sweet spot of direction to point the dipole I use - you can figure out the direction to point by opening the signal window and clicking untilk you get to the waterfall display. You can tell when you are moving the right way.
Im trying to think what could cause voice to disappear like that. Possibly the CC switched? EDACS does that often. Can you upload a screenshot?

DigitalRain

Yep, Unitrunker is a really awesome software. If they added DMR, I think it may be the best.
I have even followed 4 seperate systems with TWO SDRs by creating 4 VFOs, 2 signal and 2 voice.

To give you some assurance, when I started with Unitrunker, I was confused and couldnt get it running, but once I did, it clicked and became really simple.

As for the signal - try playing around with your antenna if possible. Unitrunker is pretty sensitive, and I find that it decode audio that my BCD436HP cant, with the same antenna/orientation. I do have to find the sweet spot of direction to point the dipole I use - you can figure out the direction to point by opening the signal window and clicking untilk you get to the waterfall display. You can tell when you are moving the right way.
Im trying to think what could cause voice to disappear like that. Possibly the CC switched? EDACS does that often. Can you upload a screenshot?

I will try and screen shot it when I figure out what im doing.
It's not the voice disappearing its the signal - the meter will show 100 and then disappear. I'll just have to play with it.

ScubaJungle

I will try and screen shot it when I figure out what im doing.
It's not the voice disappearing its the signal - the meter will show 100 and then disappear. I'll just have to play with it.
For me, that usually happens when the CC changes.
If you have all the channels in the channel tab associated with the correct numbers from the DB, you can enable the "Chase" option and it will track the CC if it changes. That may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.