Problems with DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalRain

Good Morning All,
for some reason my whole SDR system crapped out and now I have to start over. I find now that the DSD+ wont connect. It comes up and tells me it wont connect and the pop up goes away so fast I can't grab a screen shot. At one point I did get a message saying that the file lame_enc.dll was missing. I have never had this problem before since my SDR ran for over 2years with very little problem.

Anyone know whats going on with the DSD+?
Any input will be appreciated.

ScubaJungle

Good Morning All,
for some reason my whole SDR system crapped out and now I have to start over. I find now that the DSD+ wont connect. It comes up and tells me it wont connect and the pop up goes away so fast I can't grab a screen shot. At one point I did get a message saying that the file lame_enc.dll was missing. I have never had this problem before since my SDR ran for over 2years with very little problem.

I would try redownloading the necessary .dlls for DSD+

DigitalRain

my set up is 2 SDR one for signal one for voice. Audio goes thought computer speakers. I also have the VB cable running as well. They way I run it is to open Unitrunker hit play on both and then run DSD+ and then I'm able to hear it.

ScubaJungle

Hmm, why are you running Unitrunker with DSDPlus? It would be a lot simpler to just use one or the other.

The error you're getting is due to connection issues between the CC and the decoder, probably because you dont have both windows open - I didnt realize that the free version of DSD doesnt let you select options for the decoder.

If youre listening to P25 Phase I, either one will work fine by itself.

I would either do one of these two:

1. (I think this is easiest) Run Unitrunker V2 by itself, and you CAN use 2 SDRs, one for Voice and one for Control, but you can also use 1 for both just fine, and then have two systems running at once.
Download for V2:
-https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/unitrunker

2. Edit - Okay, apparently the free version is very different. If you still want to stick with DSDPlus, then I would do what you were doing originally, if the missing .dlls fixed your issue. I do suggest, however, using Unitruker V2 alone, though, as it is a lot simpler, or, upgrading to DSDPlus Fastlane.

Last edited:

DigitalRain

Hmm, why are you running Unitrunker with DSDPlus? It would be a lot simpler to just use one or the other.

The error you're getting is due to connection issues between the CC and the decoder, probably because you dont have both windows open - I didnt realize that the free version of DSD doesnt let you select options for the decoder.

If youre listening to P25 Phase I, either one will work fine by itself.

I would either do one of these two:

1. (I think this is easiest) Run Unitrunker V2 by itself, and you CAN use 2 SDRs, one for Voice and one for Control, but you can also use 1 for both just fine, and then have two systems running at once.
Download for V2:
-https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/unitrunker

2. Edit - Okay, apparently the free version is very different. If you still want to stick with DSDPlus, then I would do what you were doing originally, if the missing .dlls fixed your issue. I do suggest, however, using Unitruker V2 alone, though, as it is a lot simpler, or, upgrading to DSDPlus Fastlane.
Thank you for the info. I am running unitruncker and dsd+ together since the system in my area is EDACS Provoice. unless theres a program that already has that built in id love to use that. but doubt there is such a thing.

ScubaJungle

Thank you for the info. I am running unitruncker and dsd+ together since the system in my area is EDACS Provoice. unless theres a program that already has that built in id love to use that. but doubt there is such a thing.
The system I listen to is also EDACS with Provoice, and I use Unitrunker V2 alone. No need for DSDPlus, it is just complicating things.
Edit: quick instructions
Download Unitrunker V2 -
- Make sure you have bandplan set to Americas in the Info tab
- Go to radios tab, and double click one of the radios
- make sure there are 2 VFOs
VFO 1 - signal, -100 squelch, 100 volume, Mute- true
VFO 2 - Voice, -100 squelch, 100 volume, Mute- False
Enter frequency into the signal VFO, press play
A box will pop up, which will have tabs for info, channels, and calls.
For the channels tab - enter the channels, in number correct # order from the RR DB.
Then, once you have the channels in the right # slots (LCNs), you will start hearing all the traffic
Go to the calls tab to see who it is talking by doing this:

You can also click "download" and log into RR, and have all the Talkgroup ID downloaded so you can see who is talking. Make sure that the system you are monitoring has the "ID Label" matching the RR DB ID though for it to work .

If this doesnt get you working, Ill try to upload a screen recording later tonight. The Unitrunker V2 google group is also very helpful, and where you can download it

Last edited:

DigitalRain

how does that work? I'm running it now and nothing unless its an analog transmission and its audio is awful. I would love to just run unitrunker without all the complications

DigitalRain

The system I listen to is also EDACS with Provoice, and I use Unitrunker V2 alone. No need for DSDPlus, it is just complicating things.
Edit: quick instructions
Download Unitrunker V2 -
- Make sure you have bandplan set to Americas in the Info tab
- Go to radios tab, and double click one of the radios
- make sure there are 2 VFOs
VFO 1 - signal, -100 squelch, 100 volume, Mute- true
VFO 2 - Voice, -100 squelch, 100 volume, Mute- False
Enter frequency into the signal VFO, press play
A box will pop up, which will have tabs for info, channels, and calls.
For the channels tab - enter the channels, in number correct # order from the RR DB.
Then, once you have the channels in the right # slots (LCNs), you will start hearing all the traffic
Go to the calls tab to see who it is talking by doing this:

You can also click "download" and log into RR, and have all the Talkgroup ID downloaded so you can see who is talking. Make sure that the system you are monitoring has the "ID Label" matching the RR DB ID though for it to work .

If this doesnt get you working, Ill try to upload a screen recording later tonight. The Unitrunker V2 google group is also very helpful, and where you can download it

excellent thank you I will try this and see if I can get it to work

moonbounce

Good Morning All,

I have had that same message about lame_enc.dll being missing but it is not missing it is right in DSD 1.101 and any other version that I have. I also get a message saying something to the effect that "no device could be found". I have run Zadig and still get the same message, no matter which version of DSD I use.
What I did find is that is seems to be a problem with the USB attachment, it is like it is not making good contact with the USB port. I put an extension cable between my dongle and the computer and have not had the problem since.

P.S. Try rebooting your computer and see if it makes a difference.

Moonbounce

ScubaJungle

I have had that same message about lame_enc.dll being missing but it is not missing it is right in DSD 1.101 and any other version that I have. I also get a message saying something to the effect that "no device could be found". I have run Zadig and still get the same message, no matter which version of DSD I use.
What I did find is that is seems to be a problem with the USB attachment, it is like it is not making good contact with the USB port. I put an extension cable between my dongle and the computer and have not had the problem since.

P.S. Try rebooting your computer and see if it makes a difference.

Moonbounce
Also, I forgot to mention - to fix the lame_enc.dll issue, reinstall your rtlsdr drivers as COMPOSITE rather than bulk interface. The problem will go away.

slicerwizard

I have had that same message about lame_enc.dll being missing but it is not missing it is right in DSD 1.101 and any other version that I have.
If you get that message, you aren't running DSD+ in the DSD+ folder.

Also, I forgot to mention - to fix the lame_enc.dll issue, reinstall your rtlsdr drivers as COMPOSITE rather than bulk interface. The problem will go away.
The LAME DLL issue has nothing to do with rtl drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.