HP-1: Problems with Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

JamesO,

I am FAR from an expert and having only been using my HP-1 for 2 months. I am going based strictly with the fact that I loaded the FULL MPSCS database in Sentinel here at work and imported his favorites list for Genesee County and compared them. I did not see any difference in the settings. That leads me to believe that it is simply an issue in which the site he is using is not in range of where the scanner can receive it. And no...I did not load them onto my HP-1. I just did everything in Sentinel.

As far as the one channel that did load...I did ask him one or more times what that channel was and he did not answer me. I imagine it is the lone analog channel for the county's fire dispatch. Not sure though.

Add: I just reviewed his second video and the message he receives (All channels that are in range have been avoided...) is EXACTLY the message I got when I first got my HP-1. I loaded all of the talk groups for the system I wanted to monitor, but not the sites. It drove me BSC until I figured out my mistake. Even though he has a site loaded, he is not within range of it...so the scanner might as well have no site loaded. My solution HAS to be correct.

BSC, too funny!

Yea, I know how these scanners can allow you to paint yourself into a corner and you will get totally frustrated and go BSC! I have painted my toes in the process a few times as well.

If the Range Control is off and the distance is set fully, then I do not understand why the system would not at least load the channels. Who cares if you are scanning something too far out of range if the scanner cannot receive it.

But again, there are controls here that MUST be configured correctly.

I may go back and look a the 2nd video just for fun, but the OP needs to lighten up and ANSWER questions. How can anyone help when there are no ANSWERS. This is like dealing with my kids, I just get frustrated and send them to their room without dinner and electronics, usually do not even let them out for bathroom breaks. Even funnier when I forget where I put the keys.

Solitary is a good thing, can be real attitude adjuster!

I would try to load the HPE file, then see if only 1 site/item is listed to scan.

Then things can be played with until more sites load.

Agree it is likely a basic programming 101 error.

Many people forget to load sites or frequencies for sites.

I have not played with the programming on my HP1 much, so I am by no means an expert in the HP1 programming, but I have painted my self into the corner a few times.

SCPD

QRT
Thought my mysterious HP1 delete days were over. Just turned on the HP1.after not using it for a few weeks. Clicked on my Los Angeles fav list and BAM slap to the face the screen says NO freqs or that they have been avoided. Haha. I am going to assume the scanner is JUST a POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.