Problems with getting email confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Maybe I'm trying to do something that's unnecessary, because I show up as a member of the "Autoconfirmed Users" group. But for the life of me I can't get the wiki to send me an email to confirm my email address.

Since I'm starting to use the wiki (documenting some new trunk systems' data which can't yet be put in the DB due to rules), I decided to fill out my preferences/info. One thing I added which was never there before was my email address. I was told a confirmation email was being sent to me, but it was never received (and yes, I've checked my spam folder, etc). I tried several times to get the system to re-send a message, and it says it does, but again, I never have received anything.

I've made sure my email address is correct in my preferences. The primary reason I want to make sure my email is registered with the wiki is I want to be notified if/when any of the pages I'm watching get changed - that is, I'm hoping, the purpose of the watchlist.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this and/or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Your Wiki account is verified against the RadioReference site database, so some of the wiki-based account verification tools may not work like they would with a standalone wiki. As long as you are registered with RR, you are good with the Wiki.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Doesn't the notification for the Watchlist work via a RSS feed? I thought it did....best regards..Mike

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Doesn't the notification for the Watchlist work via a RSS feed? I thought it did....best regards..Mike

I saw reference to that in the forums. Maybe I'll look at that and see if I can get it hooked up to my iGoogle or Google Reader pages. Thanks to both of you.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes, it does, but that's not visible using the "rr" skin. Not sure why an RSS feed would need your email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.