Problems with PRO-163 Scanner (Digital?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhapidFyre

Hello everyone, provider of "Oroville Police and Fire": https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/26936/web

I currently run a PRO-163, and until I moved to Oroville and started scanning Oroville Police, I have never had this problem. I'm wondering if it's digital issues.

Everyday radio communications are pristine. However, when the officers reach far away places, or major places like Wal-Mart, they're asked to switch to "Gold". When they switch to Gold, everyone can hear them much more clear - Except me.

My scanner emits this terrible staticy-digital sounding noise that remains constant throughout the transmission, and then when they let go of their mic key, it has kind of an upward inflection to the static. Dispatch can continue to be heard "10-4". Basically:

Officer: "ShsfhthfhfhfhtfhtfhthhEEEEEEE!"
Dispch: "Copy."
Officer: "SshfhtfhfhEEEEE"
Dispch: "10-4."

We just had a pursuit today, and I issued a channel alert... FIFTEEN MINUTES later the alert finally hit, and by then the officers had switched to Gold because the pursuit had left the city and dispatch couldn't hear them. I had nearly 60 listeners, which dwindled down to a tiny 18 because nobody could hear what the hell was going on.

If you want to hear the sound I'm talking about, they're doing it right now.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I just listened to some of your archives, it's definitely P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.