Problems with Programming Lubbock P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobytwo

I have a TRX 1 that has problems receiving Lubbock's Phase 2 system. I get only about three words every once in a while. The display is showing the talkgroup.
Things I have done,but not successful-
1) Download from EZ scan and the radio itself.
2) Manually program the system from what is listed in RR database and manually program with different frequency configurations.I think I programmed it correctly because I programmed SPEC and receiving them.
3) Drove around town to see if that would help. Not sure which site the P25 is broadcasting from.
4) Program and scan the frequencies in conventional and search mode to try to listen to them.
I have the wild card and other tgs in record mode so I know Im no receiving any thing

How up to date is the frequencies listed is the freqs in the database?

Things I have discovered while trying to figure this out.
The EDACS system is using only 9 frequencies
.LCN #10 is listed wrong (according to FCC database ) should be 856.5875 not 856.5375.
Any help will appreciated.

FireJustin

What antenna are you using? I used my 436 to check in on the P25 system using the database that's pre-loaded by Sentinel to test your situation as best I could. Now, I live about 15 miles NW of town, and reception on the P25 system sucks out here, but it does receive well. I believe the database is pretty spot on, I have moments in town that work very well. I don't know what the problem really is, but reception on that system sucks pretty much anywhere I go in town as well. Antenna, however, makes all the difference. There are several different 800mhz Specific antennas I've used with much success.

twobytwo

I'm using the factory antenna.I know this may not be the right forum to ask this , but would it be possible that the radio is messed up and not receive P25, I hear Tech , SPEC , Lubbock EDACS. I might see if EXCEL works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.