Problems with RR Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

csschupp

I'm having a problem that began recently. When trying to access the RR database through ARC996, I receive an error message saying "access denied, this account is not a contributing member." Like I said, this error hasn't always occured since I began using ARC996.

-I have searched and haven't found a solution
-my username/pass is correct, i'm positive
-I completely disabled my firewall
-I downloaded ARC996 v2.10

Anything I haven't tried yet that might help?

Thanks!

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
csschupp said:
I'm having a problem that began recently. When trying to access the RR database through ARC996, I receive an error message saying "access denied, this account is not a contributing member." Like I said, this error hasn't always occured since I began using ARC996.

-I have searched and haven't found a solution
-my username/pass is correct, i'm positive
-I completely disabled my firewall
-I downloaded ARC996 v2.10

Anything I haven't tried yet that might help?

Thanks!

I think the only issue might be that you have to be a "contributing member". Most everything on the database is free, however to download via ARC996 or any other software I believe you have to throw a contribution toward RR.

csschupp

These are the premium subscriber benefits listed in the wiki:

* MyRR - My RadioReference Tracking Page
* Access to the RadioReference.com Web service for software scanner programming directly from the database. See the bottom of the RadioReference.com_Web_Service article for which applications are currently supported.
* Access to other special reporting functions in the database.

Hmm.... Still stumped here.

csschupp

SkipSanders said:
At one time, you could become a 'subscriber' by contributing sufficient information, or a small donation, with no stated time limit. That situation is no longer in effect. The terms of subscription change, over time, as decided by the site owners. Just like credit cards, the offered terms change, and you get the choice of continuing under the new terms, or ceasing use of the service. Currently:

General Information

RadioReference.com provides premium services to members through a subscription model. There are a number of value added features available including data downloads, personalization, and printable PDF formats that are valuable services to radio communications enthusiasts.

Please note that general access to the RadioReference.com Database, the Forums, and the Wiki, will always remain free. This policy will never, ever change.

Premium Subscription Features

In addition to the below special reporting features and search functions for the database, Premium Subscribers also have access to the RadioReference.com Web Service, which allows numerous programming applications to access the database directly, providing an easy to use process for programming scanners and communications equipment with data directly from the RadioReference Database. See the Web Service Application Support section for a list of applications that directly support this valuable Web Service.

Time Period Cost
180 days $15.00
360 days $30.00

I subscribed to 180 days about a month ago. This means I should have access to the Web Service through ARC996... It's really odd because it worked the last time I tried it a couple weeks ago.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Lou is right - if you can authenticate properly to that ID then everything is working on our end perfectly. Let me know how that works out.

I checked your account and you are up to speed and up to date on your subscription.

csschupp

didn't realize I had another thread open about this....

The XML does work. Must be an issue with the computer.

jeremym1981

Did you ever find out the specific problem? I just purchased a membership today and I'm getting "Radioreference server refused connection, check username/password." when I try to connect via ARC996-pro. I'm using an old version, v1.0 from 2006, and maybe that's it??

I know username/password are correct
I've tried turning off the firewall
the XML does work

Help much appreciated, thanks!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
jeremym1981 said:
Did you ever find out the specific problem? I just purchased a membership today and I'm getting "Radioreference server refused connection, check username/password." when I try to connect via ARC996-pro. I'm using an old version, v1.0 from 2006, and maybe that's it??

I know username/password are correct
I've tried turning off the firewall
the XML does work

Help much appreciated, thanks!
Once again, if you can access the XML via the link I provided above, the problem is not with the site. If you continue to have a problem with your specific software attaching to the site (after successfully accessing using the link) contact the software publisher or post the problem in the Scanning Software Discussion and Support forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.