Problems with RS Pro-652 in AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
For some unknown reason I lost the ability to monitor a lot of freqs in Maricopa County, especially MCSO. About all I can hear now is Dispatch on the West side. Before I was listening to just about anything I wanted.

I have used Win500 to reprogram the 652, but to no avail. I have used ARC 500 and again to no avail.

I am just not getting something correct in the settings I think. If anyone has a 652 or the knowledge to program this brick I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's possible your county could have made changes, that might affect your ability to listen. 73, n9zas

sunrise

I lost mine also about three days ago on a Uniden 396T. I have no idea how to program it. The store where I purchased it closed and the other one said they do not troubleshoot. I am listening to West on the original programming which has a lot of static. Don't feel alone. I guess they did make changes.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I am not able to pickup anything off of the White Tanks site from Peoria (voice or control channel). I'm pretty sure I was able to before (although I haven't monitored this system much), so there may have been some changes. I do seem to be able to monitor from the Downtown site and a few others, which seem to carry the west valley stuff I'm looking for, so no harm, but I'm sure the White Tanks site would give me better coverage from my location. I am also able to pickup MCSO east as well.

When I noticed I was having trouble, I started scanning all of the sites on the system (that I could get from home) and logged what traffic I heard off of what sites. That seemed to answer a lot of questions for me.

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
I did a manual search and found the two main freqs that I wanted, but being trunked there are other agencies using the same ones. Now to find out what the trunks are.

I am about ready to ship it off to scannermaster and let them do their magic on it.

D

darunimal

to listen to a trunked system, you need at least one control channel frequency under trunked systems, at least 1 wildcard as i0000000 and search the system, but if the decoder in the scanner doesn't decode that mode theres no amount of programming magic that can be done to listen to it. It's like trying to watch a digital tv station with an analog tv, it won't work and no amount of magic will change it. Also if it is encrypted its illegal in all of North America to even attempt to unencrypted, unless that particular agency does it for a F.O.I.A. request. Magic won't make it work, and magic will waste your money.for programming info on your scanner here you go http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Programming_Shortcut_PSR-500/600_RS_Pro-106/197

If it say E under the MODE collumn in these listings it's encrypted, but they may not use these systems much longer.
Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Maricopa County Trunking System, Maricopa County, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

for better understanding of digital trunked systems and the different kinds start learning with this page
APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Site

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
There is no E and I can hear all the freqs that I use to. Just need to get things into a form I can scan. I am not asking anyone to do anything illegal.

D

darunimal

You need to input the TGIDs, aka Talkgroups ID's or just IDs or just Talkgroups.

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
Well, it ain't a pretty sight, (I wasn't sure what I was doing) but my RS Pro652 is reprogrammed with the new freqs. I wish to thank "cellphone" for the work to get the Groups rearranged.
And, thank you to all those who provided advice as I muddled through my quandary.

Status
Not open for further replies.