Problems with two soundcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmacka

I currently provide a live feed to Radioreference via a Creative Soundblaster external soundcard plugged into the "line in" port of the soundcard. The computer I use to provide this feeds is a HP pc running Windows XP. This feeds runs just fine and I have no problems when using this one soundcard and feed. However I want to get my other feed (another live feed provider) up and running. I recently bought a few of these small external soundcards (http://forums.radioreference.com/li...61053-8-feed-appliance-track.html#post1172325). I am using OddcastV3 for providing feed to RadioReference, and I am trying another version of Oddcast and also tried using Edcast for the other live feed.

So I installed one of these soundcards to my HP, connected my audio cable to the mic in port in the soundcard and then to scanner. I configured my client and clicked connect. This is where I am having problems. My original feed (radioreference) is still working fine, but my other feed seems like it is combining audio from both scanners and sending the audio to my other feed. This problem happens when I try it with both of my other clients. I can't tell if it is some sort of intereference, or its a settings problem or what. Do you think that I need a better quality soundcard, any suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated.

kmacka

Well I spent sometime working with Scannercast, and I have it working for my Radioreference feed. But again, when I try to get my other feed up and running, with that sites own client, I'm getting audio from my Radioreference feed/scanner sent to my other feed. I still can't figure out if it's a problem with my audio card's settings or what.

kmacka

Ok still need help or ideas here. Here is the latest on my project.

I just got another computer up and running and am going to use this particular computer to run my other feed that I am trying to get up and running. So I installed the soundcard and the client software and plugged everything in. When I went to listen to the feed and make sure everything is working good, I thought, I am still having the same problem....my RR feed bleeding into my other feed.

The only and last thing I can come up with is this: For my RR feed I can't tell what type of patch cable that I am using. It may be a shielded cable or it may be an attenuating cable. I can't be sure. For my other feed, only temporary, I am using a attenuating patch cable that I don't believe is shielded. Does anyone think that I have some type of bleeding or intereference issue here? Is there maybe a setting issue in the router, I have really no clue whats going on. If I cant figure it out, I may have to abanodon this two feed system all together, keeping the RR feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.