Problems with Webservice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having problems with the WebService Program? I just registered ARC996T and the webservice in the software does not work either. Tried the stand alone WebService software and get the same thing. Wanting to check and see if it a a problem on my side or internet side.

Thanks,

Searay

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I have already tried turning off the firewall. The webservice worked fine on the trial version of 996. I ordered the pro version yesterday and registered the software. It now does not work, also strange thing is I can not connect to AOL Instant Messenger now either, like it is blocked as well. All my other internet applications work fine. Is here somewhere within windows other than the firewall that can block interenet access to just certain programs?

Thanks

morfis

Butelsoftware said:
The webservice works fine, most likely problem is a firewall that is blocking the software to access the internet. Try disabling your firewall and try again.

Advising someone to disable their firewall is a bit irresponsible. Better to say which port they specifically need to allow for your software?

Searay

Premium Subscriber
I just turned it off to see if it would work. I wanted to verify that nothing had changed on my router so I downloaded the trail 996 and installed it on my desktop, the webservice works fine there. My work laptop, which has the registered copy on it does not. I have tried turning the firewall off and still no go. I uninstalled AOL IM and reinstalled and it will not log on either. This all happed after registering the ARC996. Really strange. I have been searching in windows to see if there is anything that may restrict and programs or ports, but have not found anything. Any help appreciated. This is puzzling....

Thanks,

Searay

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Searay said:
I just turned it off to see if it would work. I wanted to verify that nothing had changed on my router so I downloaded the trail 996 and installed it on my desktop, the webservice works fine there. My work laptop, which has the registered copy on it does not. I have tried turning the firewall off and still no go. I uninstalled AOL IM and reinstalled and it will not log on either. This all happed after registering the ARC996. Really strange. I have been searching in windows to see if there is anything that may restrict and programs or ports, but have not found anything. Any help appreciated. This is puzzling....

Thanks,

Searay

Your work laptop may have certain restrictions like internet access via a Proxy server and then Webservice may not work.
Open Internet Explorer and enter: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1/?sl=1 This should prompt for your user/password.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the advise guys, I got it fixed. Here's what I did. As I stated when I registered ARC 996 I would no longer able to get the webservice to work or my AIM would not connect either. I started checking the router logs and started debugging to see what I could find. That did not show up anything of benefit. So figuring that there was an issue with the two programs, I uninstalled and reinstalled ARC 996 with no change noted. I uninstalled AIM and no change. Installed a different / newer version of AIM and "bammm" we are back in business. I did not like the newer version of AIM so I unistalled it, verified that the webservice was still working, all good. I then reinstalled the original version of AIM and all good. Not sure what happened, might have just been a fluke on my computer. Thought I would post in case anyone else had a similiar problems. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.