Probs finding ScanNSW !! ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitreBin

I suppose this is a PC prob, not a radio one, but someone out there may be able to help!
I've had regular probs logging on to ScanNSW for the past 3 weeks, especially the members forums (the Digital and Radio Shack scanners forums). I contacted Dave direct by email, and he said he was up and running no probs. I have links in my favourites, to all the sites I have interests in, and they all work EXCEPT the scanNSW ones. I've checked all my security settins, tried to go in through this site, ScanACT, ScanSA etc, to no avail!
Any one out there savvy on what could be the problem. Thanks in advance - MitreBin

grant

The problem you are having is the same one that is driving everybody else nuts ... it often takes me many attempts to get in ..... some of the problems are browser issues but some of it appears to be isp - related. Everybody is having problems getting to the forums.

Grant

Comint

Premium Subscriber
grant said:
The problem you are having is the same one that is driving everybody else nuts ... it often takes me many attempts to get in ..... some of the problems are browser issues but some of it appears to be isp - related. Everybody is having problems getting to the forums.
Grant
Thanks for that information Grant. I haven't been able to get in since the hiccup at the end of September, when the site exceeded its allocation. I keep on getting a "you have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password".

Comint

MitreBin

Yeah thanks Grant, at least I know now what the problem probably is! Thought it was something I wasn't doing correctly - MitreBin

SCPD

QRT
The main problem with the site is the DNS servers of the Host that has the ScanNSW site, and the data it caches in your browsers memoy. The DNS issue has been fixed it seems for now. Best thing you can do is to flush your browsers cache out , and cookies as well and log on, and see if that works.

I too have had these issues, I had my laptop gettinginto the site fine, but one of my other Pcs would not let me log in. Flushing out the browsers cache and cookies worked like a treat.
This is all I can recommend to do. If you stll have problems then it may be your ISP is also caching sites you visit, and if a site had a faukty DNS entry ( Like ScanNSW had ) then this may also be stored by your ISP. Though these days not many ISPs do this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.