Product Suggestion - HP1 Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrolocked

I'd like to see a mobile dock that would make connections to external hardware easier, and offer some protection to the GPS connector (As well as make a convenient mount in the car)

I've attached a JPG, as well as the source visio file of what i'm thinking....

Ideally, I would hope this could be priced at LESS than 50 bucks (39.95, anyone? I'd certainly grab one up at that price, maybe because i just want one)

Attachments

• HP-1 Dock.jpg
    HP-1 Dock.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 324
  • HP-1 Dock.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 60

hydrolocked

hmm. i figured i'd get some positive feedback on this idea from people :)

BTW, UPMAN - I retain no rights to this idea, if Uniden wants to build and market these. You could let me beta test one or something, though :)

cacherjoe

I think that would be an excellent idea. I use my HP1 mostly in the vehicle, however don't want to keep it up in the mount, guarding against theft and temperature variances. Having something that could protect those connections would be great. I'd pay for that for sure.

Another beta tester here UPMAN!

J

hydrolocked

i've been informed that mini USB connectors are not self-centering, and are therefore not good candidates for blind mating (maybe a mechanical engineer could figure this out, i'm an EE), but, as an option, having some right angle connectors on 4" pigtails that tuck into the cover on the end when it's snapped in would still allow the thing to work the way it's shown).

Make it happen Uniden!! :)

Take note that what i've depicted above would break the GPS out to something you could plug a standard GPS computer cable into, AND provide a more rugged USB (the standard B style connector).

Last edited:

hydrolocked

the design i proposed doesn't take that into account. since i envisioned the unit sliding into the dock form the left, the only thing they could do would be to provide a pigtail on the dock (maybe to a BNC on the back panel?)

Status
Not open for further replies.