Professional Mobile Antenna Installation in Ocean County Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

I'm looking to get quote for a professional antenna installation in my 2015 Ford Fusion for the scanner I have in it. Rather than do it on my own and probably mess up a ton of things, are there any radio shops or businesses in the area of Ocean County that would do this? Thanks.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
Try First Priority Emergency Vehicles (where I went with my Tahoe)
and or PL Custom in Wall on Atlantic Ave just for drilling the NMO mount if that's what your after. I'm sure they can do that well.
Remember: You can never have enough antennas!

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Newport Bay - East Brunswick

I know your looking for a place in Ocean County, but Newport Bay, Route 18 (south) in East Brunswick is a good reputable business. The only one I would recommend.

Joseph11

Thank you, DSC45! It looks like Newport Bay will be the one. East Brunswick isn't too far, anyway.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
I used AR Comms for antenna install on my house, and I've used Newport Bay to buy a repeater from and multiple other radios from- they did a radio install in my Jeep Wrangler actually. - I know the guy personally at Newport, Just say Cash recommended it - and I can personally fully recommend Newport Bay & as far as AR - Angel was great! He's the man.
There is another one, RF Design/Integration that does vehicles very well - http://www.rfdesign-int.com/ - might be worth asking them for a quote too.

CaptDan

There is a place in Mercer County, just off 295 in Hamilton Township, Mid State Communications, I used them to install 2 way radios in my Ford F 350 which included drilling an antenna hole in the center of the roof. Great job, very reasonable. They did such a great job I had them install a radio and antenna in my Jeep Wrangler. Again, great job, very reasonable.

Joseph11

Had my installation done at Newport Bay and Ron did an excellent job. I ended up picking up a new antenna from him, the Larsen NMOQW152. The Larsen significantly outperformed the Laird TRAB7603 I originally ordered for 700/800 MHz and it's designed for 152-162 MHz! The Laird was pretty much deaf. Anyone have any similar experiences or did I just get a bad antenna? I posted pictures of the install here. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

I used AR Comms for antenna install on my house, and I've used Newport Bay to buy a repeater from and multiple other radios from- they did a radio install in my Jeep Wrangler actually. - I know the guy personally at Newport, Just say Cash recommended it - and I can personally fully recommend Newport Bay...

Ron says "hi" and wants to know how the repeater is working out for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.