Professional Programmers for Scanners in Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrivelsby

Is there such a thing as someone in the Beaverton or Portland Oregon area, who does programming of scanners for a fee? (Radio Shack only does their own, that they have a standard-issue program for from Radio Shack.) I purchased a Uniden BCT15x, and attempted to study their disk-based manual; and downloaded/installed FreeScan... and have come to the conclusion that I don't have any brain cells left. If no one in the area does scanning, then I guess that my next question in this forum will be, "What is the existing record for how far someone has thrown a BCT15X?"

Not sure what the record is. The question your asking can be posted in th Uniden forum and somebody there may possibly help you. Also try the Oregon forum. Good Luck:)

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Throw it to INDIANA

Is there such a thing as someone in the Beaverton or Portland Oregon area, who does programming of scanners for a fee? (Radio Shack only does their own, that they have a standard-issue program for from Radio Shack.) I purchased a Uniden BCT15x, and attempted to study their disk-based manual; and downloaded/installed FreeScan... and have come to the conclusion that I don't have any brain cells left. If no one in the area does scanning, then I guess that my next question in this forum will be, "What is the existing record for how far someone has thrown a BCT15X?"

Throw it over here to INDIANA and I'll program it and put up yet another feed! lol

kilowa22

Is the problem that you can't get the computer to talk to the radio or is it actually programming in the trunked radio systems?

mrhex

I've heard that there is a Ham shop out in Beaverton somewhere. As suggested above, asking in the Oregon forum may show something(The name of this place escapes me at the moment).

After looking at the BCT15X reference wiki the scanner is capable of being programmed by the Uniden USB Cable. I took a quick peek at the freescan website and it does show that it is compatible with your scanner. Your scanner also supports re-banding.

Personally, I have most of Portland downloaded to my BCD396T. I have come back to scanners after several years, and I felt overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options and programming that has to be done on a large trunking system. To me getting the USB cable is well worth the headache of not having to program the scanner manually. The rub with being able to get freescan to work with the radioreference database, is that you have to be a premium subscriber.

scrivelsby

Professional Programmers for Scanners in Oregon? SUCCESS

The Answer is... YES! There is help available in the Beaverton/Portland area!!!

Thanks to K2NCC, (aka Frank Ravenswood of Eagle Eye Computer in Hillsboro), the search for help in RR was a success!!!

Polite; professional; punctual; picked it up, loaded it up with all of the frequencies that I wanted, with a few other fun ones thrown in for good measure), and delivered it back to me. Along with a type-written cheat sheet re. which banks holds what; a small plasticized cheat sheet card with the same info; AND gave me a run-down on how to operate the equipment. ALL for a super-low price!!!

For Computers, Scanners, or Ham Equipment - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.