• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Professional Radio CPS 6.12 channel cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcCloud

I have two HT1250's, one has got all my frequencies on it but the other does not, and I'd prefer not to have to type in the same 80 channels again. Is it possible to copy over the conventional personalities effortlessly and not monotonously from one code plug to another?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I have two HT1250's, one has got all my frequencies on it but the other does not, and I'd prefer not to have to type in the same 80 channels again. Is it possible to copy over the conventional personalities effortlessly and not monotonously from one code plug to another?

Yes, but ONLY if the two radios have the exact same model number. You can simply read the file out of one radio and write it into the other.

FoxMcCloud

Well ****, off by one number, they are as following
H25RDH9DP6 (This one has a keypad)
H25RDH9DP5 (This one has limited keypad)

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What mmckenna said.

Unfortunately, with the Pro Series CPS there is no drag and drop or copy and paste. If the model numbers are not an exact match, you’re stuck with building the entire codeplug each time with no shortcuts. It’s known weakness of this software.

FoxMcCloud

Wow that's bull. I think even the Astro CPS lets you drag and drop. Too bad I guess, I'll find a way to make it less painful

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Wow that's bull. I think even the Astro CPS lets you drag and drop. Too bad I guess, I'll find a way to make it less painful

Yeah, true, but this CPS isn't a whole lot newer than the older DOS based RSS. There's a lot to be desired.

And for most commercial users, they are buying tens/hundreds of identical radios, so being able to swap files between different models isn's something that's needed.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
If you open a channel, on the very bottom of the conventional personality the far right icon changes it to a spread sheet type of view. With control C and Control V you can cut and paste the alias, RX & TX freqs BUT right after you cut and paste you have to click on each (alias,RX & TX) of those individuality to have the program accept it and you can do only 1 row at a time...Its clunky but if you have 200 channels it helps A LOT
Or you can use the special software and just make them both the same model

Status
Not open for further replies.