• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Professional Radio CPS issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattr11992

Hey all,

I been using Pro radio cps R06.12.05 to program my motorola HT-750 units that i have a whole ton of.

It worked on my windows 7 laptop pretty well for the first 100 or so, then after a month of not using the soft and RIB it wont read anything. Like nothings plugged into any of the comms.

I use a usb-serial adaptor with the rib and the appropriate cable for the 750

i even bought another RIB thinking that was bad.... im thinking it has to do with a software glitch?

any insite on this would be great.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Please be aware that the Scanner Programming Software forum is for scanners, not two-way radios. We have a Motorola forum which is a better place to get help from. Please take another minute to familiarize yourself with all of our forums before creating a thread. Thanks.

Thread moved.

CommJunkie

A few things to check here. Keep in mind I use the same version of CPS on a Win 7 Ultimate machine.

Right click "Properties" on the icon for CPS. Go to "Compatability". Make sure you check the box for "Compatabile with Win XP SP3" and also check the box for "Run as administrator".

Once that's done, ensure the device manager didn't change the Com port number for your USB adaptor.

Then go to File > Read radio. It should ask you what Com port to use. If you just click the read radio button without going to File > Radio, it will use the last Com port selected, which if it has changed will not be correct.

Ensure the radio has a good charge on the battery. A low battery could cause it to read improperly. If your RIB has a battery, same thing with that.

If these don't work, I have a few more tricks that might help.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Make sure you have the right "Comm" port selected.

I've had situations where I've had to adjust the buffers for the port in the System settings. Could be that one of your other programs somehow messed it up.

The other thing I've seen is where a program gets installed that seems to grab that port on startup. Make sure you don't have any such programs running in startup that could be causing this.
I've also had an issue on an older Windows XP machine where a Kodak camera software program stopped one of the CPS programs from working. I had to uninstall the Kodak program to get it to work again.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motorola software!

mattr11992

No change with setting privledges and making sure i have the right com.... new battery in the rib and charge on the 750

mattr11992

I am so confused all these parts should be working and the software is rather simple..... and ive done this before several hundred times.......

cabletech

When dealing with radio programing and serviceing, some times it is easy to forget the simplest things.

Like, is the radio off when pluging any accy into it, (this includes headsets, spkr/mic's, programing cables)?

I say this because a lot of radios have a voltage on some of the circut and if the radio is on then you have a shop across the ins.

Make sure radio is off, and FURIMLY seat the cable, then power on, then see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.