• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Professional Radio CPS R06.10.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxdak

I have been using Motorola's Professional Radio CPS, revision 06.10.04 for quite some time now to program my volunteer fire department's portable and mobile radios. I recently purchased a new laptop, running Windows XP, the same version of windows I have already used the software with. After installing this same version on the new laptop, I was unable to get the software to read my radio's programming, and I get the following error: "ERROR 4-1379, Invalid Region Code for this CPS version. Use a CPS version which supports the region of the source radio"

When I click on Help, About CPS, and then click on the Details tab, the software on the new laptop shows Supported Region(s): LA, but the older laptop that I have been successfully programming on shows Supported Region(s): AA, LA

Can anyone offer any advice or assistance regarding this issue?

bezking

Sorry for that, here is the correct thread: Batboard • View topic - HT1250 CPS HACKS

And here is the hack:
This hack will allow any version 6.0 or above Pro Series CPS program all available regions, not just the region installed. I tried this with R06.05AA on a fresh machine and was able to confirm AA, LA and AZ.

Obviously, one should only try this if you are comfortable with editing your registry... Please make sure to make a backup of the key before you make any changes.

Set the value of the following key to "@%&MAHUS" (without the quotes) and restart your CPS.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motorola\ProRadio\FSK\SerializedString

If you select Help -> About from the menu and check the Details tab you will now verify that you have access to the folowing regions: LA FD MD AA AZ. I am not sure what MD and FD are.

ndogg94

I had the same problem when I got a new laptop. I too just decided to keep my old laptop and use it for ONLY programming my radios and scanners. It works great especially since most are older software versions and deal with older versions of windows better.

smokeeater34

need a little help

Thanks for the tip but i have one question what do i have to go under to put in the hack?

adrian41uk

Hi Chaps,

Hello from the otherside of the Pond!

I've been reading this thread with great interest...... I can see how to 'adjust' the region settings of the CPS to allow other regions..... do any of you guys happen to know what the correct registry key is for the EMEA region?

Thanks

adrian41uk

Ok,

I've managed to find out what the regions letters mean :

LA = Latin America
FD = Federal
MD = EMEA MDC (Europe, Middle East, Africa & More Developed Countries)
AA = North America
AZ = Asia

So, it would appear that the hack does enable ALL regions including Europe afterall!

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
you can use pro series with windows 7. You need to run the setup using compability mode and select xp sp 3 then do the install.

Frank

boy553

CPS-R06.11.05 AA Troubleshooting

I recently bought a new HP laptop, its runs Windows 8. I saved the (CPS R06.11.05 AA) software on a flash drive and tried to install it on my new computer. When I follow all the steps in installing it I go to read a radio and a box shows up and says" Can not create unknown radio component" what do yal think, software I have not supported on Windows 8?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Check the Readme file that came with the software. It should tell you which Windows versions are supported m

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I recently bought a new HP laptop, its runs Windows 8. I saved the (CPS R06.11.05 AA) software on a flash drive and tried to install it on my new computer. When I follow all the steps in installing it I go to read a radio and a box shows up and says" Can not create unknown radio component" what do yal think, software I have not supported on Windows 8?

I believe at this point in time they are still just up to Windows 7
Win 7 64 Bit wasn't added until version R06.12.05

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

As the previous poster said, R06.12.5 is the earliest version that will run under Win7 64 bit. Your R06.11.5 certainly won't run on Win7 let alone Win8.

Those with the newer versions are not reporting issues with Win8. You'll simply need to upgrade.

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
Cant find HKEY

I have a windows 7 machine and was in regedit and im unable to the the HKEY referenced.

I have version r06.12.05.

Windows 7 home 64 bit

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
For anyone using Windows 7 64 Bit the correct key to modify is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Motorola\ProRadio\FSK\SerializedString

Status
Not open for further replies.