• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Professional Series CPS and 25 Khz. EID

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have both the Professional and Commercial Series CPS packages and I am running the latest version of both. When Motorola first announced the wideband (25 KHz) EID's for these products, I took their little class and then one EID for each CPS. They arrived and I installed them with no problems on my Win 10 32 bit laptop.

Recently I acquired a Panasonic Toughbook with Win XP Pro and installed both CPS packages on it. I had previously ordered 5 additional copies of each EID. The Commercial Series accepted the EID with no problems, but when I went to register the EID on the Pro Series CPS, it failed with an error message of "Error 3602, Failed to contact server."

I also tried this on an older laptop with Vista installed and it failed as well on the PRo Series, but worked fine on the Commercial Series. Same error message.

I also tried on two computers at the shop with the same results.

Does anyone have a solution for this or am I stuck with calling Motorola Customer Service?

Search tags: The Commercial Series included:

Portables: CP150 CP200 CP200XLS PR400 Mobiles CM200 CM300 PM400

Search tags: The Professional or Waris Series of radios included:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550 EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860 CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550 HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know Motorola stopped support for Windows XP and Vista for current CPS so that might be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know Motorola stopped support for Windows XP and Vista for current CPS so that might be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did the same thing on a Win 7 computer. The operating system shouldn't prevent the software from reaching out to Motorola's server to validate the EID. Remember it worked fine for the Commercial CPS on each of the computers.

N1GTL

Database Admin
... it failed with an error message of "Error 3602, Failed to contact server."

I get this error when my Internet goes down or to Moto's server is down. Have you tried a few more times?

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I get this error when my Internet goes down or to Moto's server is down. Have you tried a few more times?
I've tried it several times over the past few weeks.

When I got the Toughbook, I first installed both the Pro and Commercial CPS packages and then registered the Commercial EID with no issues. Right after that, I tried to register the Profession EID and got the failure error message.

I have enough other stuff running at any given time so I know the Internet and my network are OK. But I've tried to register the Pro EID at various times of the day and evening with no success. I'll give it another few shots before resorting to dealing with their customer service.

But thanks for the reply, I am glad to know I am not the only one in this boat.

Bent_MG

I just started having the same problem within the past week as well; curious to see how this turns out!

EID

I have both the Professional and Commercial Series CPS packages and I am running the latest version of both. When Motorola first announced the wideband (25 KHz) EID's for these products, I took their little class and then one EID for each CPS. They arrived and I installed them with no problems on my Win 10 32 bit laptop.

Recently I acquired a Panasonic Toughbook with Win XP Pro and installed both CPS packages on it. I had previously ordered 5 additional copies of each EID. The Commercial Series accepted the EID with no problems, but when I went to register the EID on the Pro Series CPS, it failed with an error message of "Error 3602, Failed to contact server."

I also tried this on an older laptop with Vista installed and it failed as well on the PRo Series, but worked fine on the Commercial Series. Same error message.

I also tried on two computers at the shop with the same results.

Does anyone have a solution for this or am I stuck with calling Motorola Customer Service?

Search tags: The Commercial Series included:

Portables: CP150 CP200 CP200XLS PR400 Mobiles CM200 CM300 PM400

Search tags: The Professional or Waris Series of radios included:

HT750 HT1250 HT1550 EX500 EX600 EX560 EX650 PR860 CDM750 CDM1250 CDM1550 HT1250LS+ CDM1550LS+ CDM1550LS

Exactly what is it your'e trying to accomplish??

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Exactly what is it your'e trying to accomplish??

I thought I explained it very well in my original post. I will try again.

When I try to register the WB EID in the CPS, it fails with the error message I listed in Post #1. Doing the same in the Commercial Series CPS works fine. It connects to Motorola's server with no problem. Same computer, same time of day, same wifi.

Okkk, Only thing different is one is branded, the other radius. Anything is possible with Motorola....anything.
Are you looking to do 25kc programming?

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Okkk, Only thing different is one is branded, the other radius. Anything is possible with Motorola....anything.
Are you looking to do 25kc programming?
Neither the Commercial Series nor the Professional Series is "radius."

Of course I am looking to continue to do 25 KHz programming. Why else would I need to register the WB EID?

25kc?

Not referring to the software but the radios themselves. In the olddd days most everyone had radius series radios. You had to be a dealer to buy and sell professional series, ie the cdm or ht. They use professional series software compared to the cm200/300 which used commercial series. The branded version of the cm300 is the pm400 but still the same software. Motorola has migrated their software accordingly, and the word radius to go away.
Not sure what your programming in wideband other than ham radios...
Easier way is just use the last version software that did 25kc. For the cdm/ht I use 12.08.02....no pop up window. Same goes for the Commercial series, use an older version. They haven't made either radio for so long now, the software version does not matter, the firmware does.

Not referring to the software but the radios themselves. In the olddd days most everyone had radius series radios. You had to be a dealer to buy and sell professional series, ie the cdm or ht. They use professional series software compared to the cm200/300 which used commercial series. The branded version of the cm300 is the pm400 but still the same software. Motorola has migrated their software accordingly, and the word radius to go away.
Easier way is just use the last version software that did 25kc. For the cdm/ht I use 12.08.02....no pop up window. Same goes for the Commercial series, use an older version. They haven't made either radio for so long now, the software version does not matter, the firmware does.

Did you ever get your cdm/cm programming cables figured out? Seems back a year ago or so there was an issue with having to use 2 different cables. I use the same cable for both, wonder if you got to the bottom of what was going on....

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
No! I maintain and program a mix of local government and privately owned radios using the most current versions of both CPS packages. Some of the POV owners want ham frequencies in their radios. Using old versions of either package is unacceptable to my clients and to me. The county I live in has hundreds of Pro Series radios in service and they'll be here for many years to come. Thus they need to cared for in a professional manner.

Look, I've been using both of these radio lines for seven years and am very familiar with the the software and the product lines. I don't want or need your lecture or your go backwards suggestions. All I want to do is register the WB feature in the Pro CPS on a couple of laptops. For some reason it is failing to connect to Motorola's EID server.

Now, if you have some magic that will allow me to connect to Motorola's EID server, I am all ears.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
You lost me on this as there is a difference between the CM300 and PM400...it comes down to LTR trunking.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Firebuff880

Now, if you have some magic that will allow me to connect to Motorola's EID server, I am all ears.

Steve, I believe the magic you are looking for is a call to Motorola. As a result of all the systems that were upgraded this spring many EIDs that were issued before the upgrade are not working IF they were not already in radios an activated.

This may not be your case, but it sounds like it might be.

Good luck.

No! I maintain and program a mix of local government and privately owned radios using the most current versions of both CPS packages. Some of the POV owners want ham frequencies in their radios. Using old versions of either package is unacceptable to my clients and to me. The county I live in has hundreds of Pro Series radios in service and they'll be here for many years to come. Thus they need to cared for in a professional manner.

Look, I've been using both of these radio lines for seven years and am very familiar with the the software and the product lines. I don't want or need your lecture or your go backwards suggestions. All I want to do is register the WB feature in the Pro CPS on a couple of laptops. For some reason it is failing to connect to Motorola's EID server.

Sorry I offended you Steveee. I too have been working for or self employed as a vendor for Motorola for 42 years, so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about. The only difference is you are in a small NY town, I'm dealing in the big city.
Actually I do have the magic, but sounds like you need to learn it yourself, the hard way........like the cdm/cm programming cables. LOL
Enjoy your Sunday, no offense taken.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I offended you Steveee. I too have been working for or self employed as a vendor for Motorola for 42 years, so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about. The only difference is you are in a small NY town, I'm dealing in the big city.
Actually I do have the magic, but sounds like you need to learn it yourself, the hard way........like the cdm/cm programming cables. LOL
Enjoy your Sunday, no offense taken.
The cable thing got solved a long time ago. It's a non-issue.

I haven't always been in a small town so your "big city" comment is just silly,

If you've had the magic all along, then you've just been trolling the whole conversation all along.

And, for the record, the feature just registered with no problem after many tries. Without your help which it appears by your own admission you could have offered many posts ago but instead chose to derail the thread in directions that were not needed.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Steve, I believe the magic you are looking for is a call to Motorola. As a result of all the systems that were upgraded this spring many EIDs that were issued before the upgrade are not working IF they were not already in radios an activated.

This may not be your case, but it sounds like it might be.

Good luck.
It registered on the umpty-umpth try. I wasn't looking forward to being on hold ad infinitum with Motorola customer service. But many thanks.

You lost me on this as there is a difference between the CM300 and PM400...it comes down to LTR trunking.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Yes, trunking for one, more channels and a few other bells and whistles, but my reference was it is what Motorola calls branded. Unlike the earlier radius models, you need to be a Motorola dealer and buy direct.
Motorola pricing is branded. This will all go away in 2022 according to market people for Motorola Solutions. With their recent purchase of Airwaves in the UK and now the new in progress of the purchase of Kodiac in Plano Tx it plans to merge into the software business. Mutual link and others are involved in the voip or poc as they call it. With their new cloud service the two way radios will go away. There will be no manufacture, support, parts, or service for all past Motorola products. This is the direction the industry is going, like it or not. I will put in a couple of links here that are very informative. Motorola could care less on their past support from their customer base, all they think about is the buck. They steer the direction of the future along with Homeland Security. Bad business.

https://www.airwavesolutions.co.uk/home/

Motorola Solutions buying Kodiak to enhance broadband push-to-talk position | Motorola Solutions content from Urgent Communications

https://www.waveoncloud.com/?gclid=...1hBF__QHF1EWtkTAAkdU6cfI7_1mwsutUkaAuBJ8P8HAQ

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Or..... it could be a "buy em up and shut em down" like Trident and so many other solution providers.... TT

Status
Not open for further replies.